Picks wrong email address?

Bravo

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
Hollywood
Tried searching but no luck...

Anyone see this?

I am writing or forwarding an email, and start to type in a name, MATT, a few Matt's pop up, I choose the one I want and it puts the one right above it down. I delete the wrong name and re-do it and same issue. There is NO WAY I am choosing the wrong name, I touch the correct name and it turns gray meaning I am picking it, then when I let go the name above it gets added to the email. WTF

This is through the email application, I am updated and not jailbroken, totally stock.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Tried searching but no luck...

Anyone see this?

I am writing or forwarding an email, and start to type in a name, MATT, a few Matt's pop up, I choose the one I want and it puts the one right above it down. I delete the wrong name and re-do it and same issue. There is NO WAY I am choosing the wrong name, I touch the correct name and it turns gray meaning I am picking it, then when I let go the name above it gets added to the email. WTF

This is through the email application, I am updated and not jailbroken, totally stock.
Sounds like a miscalibrated touch screen or something. I'll ask the obvious, have you tried restoring or reseting all the settings? Do you have the mistouch problem in any other apps?

Bravo

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
Hollywood
update:

tried everything, took it to the Apple store, they guys there had never seen it before. They tried to restore it and my phone was FRIED!

They ended up replacing it (tried to get a 16 gig but couldnt) restored everything and it still does it.

Going to try and treat it like a new phone and then add contacts and all stuff to it, but don't have anything that syncs my calendar yet so haven't. Also don't want to have to re-set up my work email address.

So still dealing with it, just triple checking WHO I send emails to