Picture messaging should be better for $500 phone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

boylinator

Jul 1, 2007
I guess I was naive enough to assume that picture messaging would be standard on this device. When my 1945 audiovox could receive pictures, one would assume that this "breakthrough in technology" would have a feature as simple as picture messaging.
It's so annoying to get the text telling me to go to: viewmymessage.com and enter some crazy username and password.
This better change soon!

fredthedog

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Tell your Friends to send the MMS to your email. MMS can go to Either a phone OR an email account. YOU can access your email so problem solved there. If you want to SEND someone a MMS just send an email to "The 10 diget phone #@mms.mycingular.com" ...... if they are on another network you will have to find the address you can send the MMS to. Works like a peach. I did it just today.

boylinator

Jul 1, 2007
Tell your Friends to send the MMS to your email. MMS can go to Either a phone OR an email account. YOU can access your email so problem solved there. If you want to SEND someone a MMS just send an email to "The 10 diget phone #@mms.mycingular.com" ...... if they are on another network you will have to find the address you can send the MMS to. Works like a peach. I did it just today.
i certainly understand that feature, but it's still more of a hassel. more difficult for "regular" cell phone users to enter an email address than send a pix message. i know there are ways around it, but i would think many see my point here

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
i certainly understand that feature, but it's still more of a hassel. more difficult for "regular" cell phone users to enter an email address than send a pix message. i know there are ways around it, but i would think many see my point here
It's not that we don't see your point. The problem is you think this is new news, while most of us here have known that it wouldn't be a feature MONTHS ago. So when you post a thread that gets brought up once an hour by some other noob, it gets annoying.

Get over the feature and deal with it.

boylinator

Jul 1, 2007
It's not that we don't see your point. The problem is you think this is new news, while most of us here have known that it wouldn't be a feature MONTHS ago. So when you post a thread that gets brought up once an hour by some other noob, it gets annoying.

you're the "noob" who too the time to respond to it!
i apologize for not closely researching the features of a cell phone MONTHS ago as you apparently had.

fredthedog

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
So you dropped $600 on an Item, even though you didn't know what it COULD and COULDN'T do, and then ***** and moan because it doesn't do what you THINK it should do? Are you upset when your Xbox wont play WII games? Does the Stove anger you when it wont wash the dishes?

They were VERY clear that this product WOULD NOT support MMS. If you didn't bother to take the time to read any information or ask any questions but rather got all wrapped up in the excitement and ran out to get the "COOL phone your buddy told you about" then do not blame us for your lack of foresight. I tried to tell you how to send and receive an MMS (A backward format of sending pictures) but you are just happier to complain.

captain4004

Bronze
May 2, 2007
Charleston SC
Hey Fred,

No one seems to be able to explain to me how or where I can see the picture (mms) sent to my iPhone I have my Comcast and Gmail account set-up on my phone, I sent a test e-mail with a picture attached from a Yahoo e-mail account on a laptop to myphonenumber@mms.att.net and that's where I am lost. Does this message get routed to one of these e-mail accounts or does it magically show up on my phone somewhere else? Thanks for the help.

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
you're the "noob" who too the time to respond to it!
i apologize for not closely researching the features of a cell phone MONTHS ago as you apparently had.
If the iPhone is such a pain to you and the others that constantly complain that the phone doesn't have Instant Messaging, Picture Mail, Customized Rings or any of the other features, please go back to your old phone. You are within the timeframe that you can get 100% of your money back. You all fail to realize the things that are revolutionary on the phone, like Visual Voicemail and the full fledged internet to name a few.

Do the rest of us, who are patient enough to wait for upgrades and to see what the future holds, and return your phone and stop trolling these boards with your whiney attitudes or appreciate iPhone for what it has.

If picture messaging is the most important thing that you wanted in a next generation phone, I have a Treo 650 that sends picture mail wonderfully. I'll give it to you free of charge, just send me your address and the money for shipping. I really want to see you happy. Oh also, it has instant messaging on it as well. You'll be in heaven.

fredthedog

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Hey Fred,

No one seems to be able to explain to me how or where I can see the picture (mms) sent to my iPhone I have my Comcast and Gmail account set-up on my phone, I sent a test e-mail with a picture attached from a Yahoo e-mail account on a laptop to myphonenumber@mms.att.net and that's where I am lost. Does this message get routed to one of these e-mail accounts or does it magically show up on my phone somewhere else? Thanks for the help.

Sorry if I wasn't Clear.....Let me break it down a little more

IF your friend is sending YOU an MMS (IE, you have the iPhone) They will need to send it to your email address (youremail@yahoo.com). They have the option to either send the MMS to a phone number OR an email address. They just need to pick email and have your email address (most phones have that info stored under contacts). Then all YOU have to do is check you email and there it is.

On the Other hand. if YOU want to send an MMS to THEM (on a NON iPhone) then you use the theirphonenumber@mms.mycingular.com and send an email out (i'm not sure if the ATT version works or not haven't tested it but I know the old cingular one does) and it will get sent to their phone as an MMS.

Hope that helps.

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Sorry if I wasn't Clear.....Let me break it down a little more

IF your friend is sending YOU an MMS (IE, you have the iPhone) They will need to send it to your email address (youremail@yahoo.com). They have the option to either send the MMS to a phone number OR an email address. They just need to pick email and have your email address (most phones have that info stored under contacts). Then all YOU have to do is check you email and there it is.

On the Other hand. if YOU want to send an MMS to THEM (on a NON iPhone) then you use the theirphonenumber@mms.mycingular.com and send an email out (i'm not sure if the ATT version works or not haven't tested it but I know the old cingular one does) and it will get sent to their phone as an MMS.

Hope that helps.
Just a comment here Fred as a workaround. Whether I get a picture through an instant message or an email, really doesn't matter much to me and I don't see the difference. In reality, I'd rather it come by email since it doesn't cost one of my 200 text messages.

fredthedog

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Just a comment here Fred as a workaround. Whether I get a picture through an instant message or an email, really doesn't matter much to me and I don't see the difference. In reality, I'd rather it come by email since it doesn't cost one of my 200 text messages.

Correct. This is more about your friends being able to send YOU pictures on a non iPhone and YOU being able to send THEM pictures. Both are done through Email so it costs you Nothing but they can still get it on their phones if all they have is MMS (and no true email access; Like My old phone)

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Correct. This is more about your friends being able to send YOU pictures on a non iPhone and YOU being able to send THEM pictures. Both are done through Email so it costs you Nothing but they can still get it on their phones.
I see Fred. I guess I don't have much compassion for my friends that continue to want to use subpar phones. It's not really an issue for me as long as I can send them a picture if I like and receive theirs. My guess is that future updates will address this and maybe add the ability, otherwise, I'll just use a workaround. When I think of going back to my Treo, I get absolutely ill.

missysdad

Jun 28, 2007
I see Fred. I guess I don't have much compassion for my friends that continue to want to use subpar phones. It's not really an issue for me as long as I can send them a picture if I like and receive theirs. My guess is that future updates will address this and maybe add the ability, otherwise, I'll just use a workaround. When I think of going back to my Treo, I get absolutely ill.
I just have to say you all are cracking me up! I keep on hearing people say bad things about the phone, well you know what, what are you doing spending that kind of money on something you've never researched? I mean common! These are the same people who don't tip there servers after dinner when there in a big group of people and got really good service.

I KNOW Apple, they will fix the major issues when they can. They have a lot riding on this, and don't want to look like idiots. All of us REAL Apple users understand what "software updates" means.

just wanted to give you all a pat on the back...keep up the good work.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007

Known it for a while, and I figured out the work-around on my own, 30 minutes after I got it out the box.
Dig the sand out of your vagina, or return your phone.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
Are you kidding me? Do you think anyone is actually going to do that? 99% of people aren't going to go through all of that, they just won't send the picture.

The phone is advanced in some ways, but a dinosaur in others. It can't do things that other phones could do 3 years ago. For a piece of equipment that's suppose to be revolutionary and innovative, that's unacceptable.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Are you kidding me? Do you think anyone is actually going to do that? 99% of people aren't going to go through all of that, they just won't send the picture.

The phone is advanced in some ways, but a dinosaur in others. It can't do things that other phones could do 3 years ago. For a piece of equipment that's suppose to be revolutionary and innovative, that's unacceptable.
Yeah, and there's a GINORMOUS amount of other phones, that still won't do what this one does, 3 years from now. It's a trade-off. You should have known about it before you bought it. If you didn't, then return it. That's what the return policy is for.
But, you won't return it.
Why?
Because of all that stuff that other phones won't do for 3 more years, that's what.

Thanks, I'm here all week.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
Yeah, and there's a GINORMOUS amount of other phones, that still won't do what this one does, 3 years from now. It's a trade-off. You should have known about it before you bought it. If you didn't, then return it. That's what the return policy is for.
But, you won't return it.
Why?
Because of all that stuff that other phones won't do for 3 more years, that's what.

Thanks, I'm here all week.
Why is there a trade off? The technology has been around for a while now, the phone should be able to do it, and do it easily. I will be returning/selling mine if they don't fix the speaker volume.