Picture messaging should be better for $500 phone

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Why is there a trade off? The technology has been around for a while now, the phone should be able to do it, and do it easily. I will be returning/selling mine if they don't fix the speaker volume.

Why was there no multi-touch screen on your last phone? Why was there no iPod feature with cover flow? Why was there no OS X?

WHY? IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO IT!

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
Why was there no multi-touch screen on your last phone? Why was there no iPod feature with cover flow? Why was there no OS X?

WHY? IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO IT!
You're an idiot. Those features weren't around years before the iPhone. However, picture messaging, loud speakers, and video were all around before the iPhone.

mdixon1988

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
springfield, missouri
my friend just tried to text me a picture and i got a text that gave me a web address to go to with an ID i had to type in and a password and that pulled up the picture, kind of a long way around to see a picture. I have tried to send 3 pics to 3 different people all with att and none of them received them. I used the number@mms.att.net address but no one received anything.... any ideas... i just hope with the update we can send them normally in a text message, it would be so much easier.:laugh2:

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
You're an idiot. Those features weren't around years before the iPhone. However, picture messaging, loud speakers, and video were all around before the iPhone.
I can send photos to any of my friends, without issue, and I'm the idiot? LOL
I guess you'll just have to come to a decision on it. You can either deal with the way the phone was set up, and deal with having to use their full email address, or you can just return the phone. Or, I guess you could just keep wasting your time whining about something that probably won't change.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
my friend just tried to text me a picture and i got a text that gave me a web address to go to with an ID i had to type in and a password and that pulled up the picture, kind of a long way around to see a picture. I have tried to send 3 pics to 3 different people all with att and none of them received them. I used the number@mms.att.net address but no one received anything.... any ideas... i just hope with the update we can send them normally in a text message, it would be so much easier.:laugh2:
I can not only send the AT&T customers with that format, but I found out tonight, I can send them to Sprint customers, as well.

fredthedog

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007

try the number@mms.mycingular.com rout and see if that works for you (thats what I use). Also is it mms.att.net or mms.att.com?

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
What frustrates me the most about this whole situation is the ignorance of the people who "need" the feature. You people need to understand that there is no "trade off" here. Simply a new, better way of completing the same task. In my honest opinion, all MMS does is take advantage of users who do not have a data plan. Apple did us a favor by not allowing this feature on a phone that would always be online anyways. Ive been using this work-around method on my treo for ages now and would not have it any other way. Once everyone has phones that are always on, MMS will become a thing of the past. This is a revolution people, stop living in the past.

thomasanderson

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I don't know if any of you Apple fanboys are fans of the Treo series, but if any of you are, you will remember that the treo 600 as revolutionary as it was lacked a feature that was standard to cell phones without a fraction of its capabilities for years prior to the treos release.

It didn't have a native text messaging app. Many of us spent our money after buying a $600 phone, on software from pdaapps that provided a workaround for months until handspring finally released an update that corrected this issue.

Im sure Apple understands how important MMS is to some of us, but realizing that this feature could be added later, it probably didn't seem like much of a priority compared to being sure that all the technology that makes the iPhone revolutionary works as promised. Once the new technology is perfected and the bugs worked out, then it makes sense to address the more trivial issues.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
when he sent the pic to me I hit the reply button on the website the number came up with @mms.att.net
Was this the message he sent to you with the LINK for you to visit, to see the picture? If so, did he send it as an MMS with just your phone#, or did he send it as email to your MMS address?

Mojosan

Jun 27, 2007
What frustrates me the most about this whole situation is the ignorance of the people who "need" the feature. You people need to understand that there is no "trade off" here. .

Get off your high horse.

My wife and children do not need web access on their cell phones. Nor do I want to pay for web access on their cell phones.

For the last few years we all have sent picture messages back and forth to each other a few times a day.

I'm not "ignorant" for wanting to continue to do that.

mdixon1988

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
springfield, missouri
Was this the message he sent to you with the LINK for you to visit, to see the picture? If so, did he send it as an MMS with just your phone#, or did he send it as email to your MMS address?

No, the message i got was something like" i sent you a multimedia message to see it to go view my message.com and enter this ID and this password, then when you go there and enter all that and see the pic, their is a reply button, i hit it, then thats where the "return address" popped up. Thats where I saw the number@mms.att.net
edit: we were texting back and forth it was as if the phone recognized i couldnt get mms so it sent me that message,he doesn't know i have the iPhone yet, he assumes i still have my krazr and can still take and send pics the same as before.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Get off your high horse.

My wife and children do not need web access on their cell phones. Nor do I want to pay for web access on their cell phones.

For the last few years we all have sent picture messages back and forth to each other a few times a day.

I'm not "ignorant" for wanting to continue to do that.

The feature works. You just have to know how it works, now.
This is the way that we used to send emails and pictures BEFORE MMS was big. It's not difficult, it just takes a tiny bit of effort. If you don't understand it, or need help, many of us here will be happy to assist you.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
No, the message i got was something like" i sent you a multimedia message to see it to go view my message.com and enter this ID and this password, then when you go there and enter all that and see the pic, their is a reply button, i hit it, then thats where the "return address" popped up. Thats where I saw the number@mms.att.net
edit: we were texting back and forth it was as if the phone recognized i couldnt get mms so it sent me that message,he doesn't know i have the iPhone yet, he assumes i still have my krazr and can still take and send pics the same as before.

So, he's just selecting "Send MMS" from some menu or something?
Ask him to send it as an email, to yournumber@mms.att.net.

See if that works.

mdixon1988

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
springfield, missouri
i just sent a picture to him again using the mycingular.com and he didn't get it either. He has a RAZR. Oh well, guess i just have to hope its in an update or something

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
i just sent a picture to him again using the mycingular.com and he didn't get it either. He has a RAZR. Oh well, guess i just have to hope its in an update or something
You should be able to do it. You just have to figure it out.
Did you try @mms.att.net ?
He IS on Cingular / AT&T, right? That is his service provider?

Mojosan

Jun 27, 2007
The feature works. You just have to know how it works, now.
This is the way that we used to send emails and pictures BEFORE MMS was big. It's not difficult, it just takes a tiny bit of effort. If you don't understand it, or need help, many of us here will be happy to assist you.

My family is on Verizon.

The PHONENUMBER@vzwpix.com does not work from my iPhone.

They can send to me and I get a message to go to mypictureplace.com (I think) and it does work for me once I login.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
On my old phone all I had to do was select the picture, press one button then select the person out of my phone book and send it to them.