Picture Text Messages

Shlov1

Bronze
Jan 12, 2009
From searching on this site, I want to make sure I understand this correctly. I can not send a picture as a text message? If I want to do that I have to send it as an email to their # @ what ever carrier they have? Is that correct? What if I don't know their carrier? Is this something that will change at some point?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
From searching on this site, I want to make sure I understand this correctly. I can not send a picture as a text message? If I want to do that I have to send it as an email to their # @ what ever carrier they have? Is that correct? What if I don't know their carrier? Is this something that will change at some point?
Yes, there is no MMS support on the iPhone. You must email the picture to them.

If you don't know their carrier than you're SOL.

Will it change? Some people say no...because Apple believes email is a better form to send pictures.

Some people are still hoping. Only time will tell. :)

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
As for what carrier they are no....I use White pages mobile, from the app store. You can do a reverse phone look up, plug in the phone number and do a search, it will tell you whatever info it can find. Typically this will be whatever carrier they signed up with when they got the number and very little else. It doesn't work if they have changed carriers and ported their number, but for my friends it has worked on 8 out of 10 of them and the ones it doesn't...the next time I see them I ask if they got my message, if they didn't...I ask them if they ar still with "insert carrier here" and they will usually tell you right then...no I switched to "insert different carrier here" and then you know ;)

Major carriers
AT&T telnumber@mms.att.net
Sprint telnumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com or telnumber@pm.sprint.com
Verizon Wireless telnumber@vzwpix.com
T-Mobile telnumber@tmomail.net
US Cellular telnumber@mms.uscc.net
Alltel telnumber@message.alltel.com
Amp’d Mobile telnumber@vzwpix.com
Boost Mobile telnumber@myboostmobile.com
Einstein PCS telnumber@einsteinmms.com
Nextel telnumber@messaging.nextel.com

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
As for what carrier they are no....I use White pages mobile, from the app store. You can do a reverse phone look up, plug in the phone number and do a search, it will tell you whatever info it can find. Typically this will be whatever carrier they signed up with when they got the number and very little else. It doesn't work if they have changed carriers and ported their number, but for my friends it has worked on 8 out of 10 of them and the ones it doesn't...the next time I see them I ask if they got my message, if they didn't...I ask them if they ar still with "insert carrier here" and they will usually tell you right then...no I switched to "insert different carrier here" and then you know ;)

Major carriers
AT&T telnumber@mms.att.net
Sprint telnumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com or telnumber@pm.sprint.com
Verizon Wireless telnumber@vzwpix.com
T-Mobile telnumber@tmomail.net
US Cellular telnumber@mms.uscc.net
Alltel telnumber@message.alltel.com
Amp’d Mobile telnumber@vzwpix.com
Boost Mobile telnumber@myboostmobile.com
Einstein PCS telnumber@einsteinmms.com
Nextel telnumber@messaging.nextel.com

That sprint gateway never works. Use this one: