Pictures always get out of order

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
So when I transfer my pictures to my pc, they always get out of order, does this happen to anyone else? It's really annoying. I have to transfer my pics over in small groups because of it. Any suggestions that may help? Thanks!

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
interesting...... have been noticing the same thing on Mac when I bring them into iPhoto -- they're all jumbled up and don't have correct "shot on" dates on them.....

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
So when I transfer my pictures to my pc, they always get out of order, does this happen to anyone else? It's really annoying. I have to transfer my pics over in small groups because of it. Any suggestions that may help? Thanks!

I think they are brought in by date. Also what are you transferring them into on your PC?

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
I'm new to computers, so I don't know the name of the program, but whatever Windows XP uses.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I'm new to computers, so I don't know the name of the program, but whatever Windows XP uses.
Probably MyPictures in Documents and settings. Which means it is going to go by ABC order unless you select by date.

This is the very reason that I use the freeware from Adobe, Album Starter Kit. You can arrange them in any order or rotation, resize etc.

BUT, you must decide if you want JUST the Starter Kit as default or MyPictures folder. You can not have both.

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
mine turn upside down.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Open your Window with all your photos, and look at the top for column titles, specifically "Date Modified".

Click it.

Voila, your pictures are now in order.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yeah that happens to me to, and you turn the phone and it just keeps rotating.

I have to go into adobe and rotate them and works opposite.
Really? You have to use a separate program to just rotate them?

Mine do the same, and I just click the 'Rotate' button in the bottom of iPhoto.

- John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Really? You have to use a separate program to just rotate them?

Mine do the same, and I just click the 'Rotate' button in the bottom of iPhoto.

- John

Yes that is exactly what I do, it is within the program.:)

OconRecon

Jan 1, 2008
I don't have trouble with the photos being out of order once they land in My Pictures, it's that they are in order when I view them on my phone, but all mixed up when I initially sync.

Say I have 150 photos on my Camera Roll on the iPhone. I take 5 more and only want to sync those 5. I then teather it to my computer and have to look through all 155 photos to select the most recent 5 to transfer. Is that a My Pictures setting issue? I don't think so, but could be wrong.

The weird thing is it was fine until I had to restore my iPhone once when the battery died. Ever since, they're a jumbled mess.

Aug 17, 2011
WARNING: DO NOT BUY AN iPhone OR IPAD IF YOU WISH YOUR SYNCED PICTURES TO BE DISPLAYED IN ORDER!

Syncing photos from folders in "My Pictures" on PCs to an ipad or iPhone causes them to be scrambled completely out of order. There is no fix for this (photoshop, picassa, and different apps do not fix the problem - nor can they be reordered once on the ipad or iPhone); Apple's engineers know this. 90% of computer users in the US use a Window's PC.
It is more than a little dishonest of Apple not to warn their customers of this major defect.