Pictures and videos size

Jul 3, 2014
Sweeden
Hello there!
When you take pictures and filming with iPhone, how can you find out what size pics and films take?

Is there an app for that or were do you check it out?

//Thx a lot guys!

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but you can always trim the photo down right in the photo itself, or you can choose to email a smaller version of that photo to someone or yourself. Photos and videos take up a lot of space in your device.

Jul 3, 2014
Sweeden
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but you can always trim the photo down right in the photo itself, or you can choose to email a smaller version of that photo to someone or yourself. Photos and videos take up a lot of space in your device.
I just would like to know were I can see the size of every photo/video.

(I know I can look in settings. But that's for all my photos/videos.)

What I'm most curious about is how much space my videos take.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I just would like to know were I can see the size of every photo/video.

(I know I can look in settings. But that's for all my photos/videos.)

What I'm most curious about is how much space my videos take.
You need an app for that. There's one called image size. You can check the size or change the size of a photo. I don't know about video. The iPhone uses 1080p video recording. As far as checking an outside video, I don't know. Never thought about it.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
There's probably some productivity apps that show file size. I thought Documents 5 by Readdle did, but I can't find where. I do have a photo album app called MyPhoto Pro that shows file size for both photos and videos. Here's the info it shows:
Photo:
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1408536664.732744.jpg

Video:
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1408536686.083070.jpg

MyPhoto Pro
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myphoto-pro-smart-photo-manager/id374269181?mt=8

Free version
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myphoto-smart-photo-manager/id581651613?mt=8

jadmorffier

Bronze
May 19, 2011
Yes this is something missing on iOS but there are some apps the tell you file sizes.

I use a great little app called PhotoSync. It's great for fast transfer of photos and
videos to other iOS devices and computers over WiFi or BT but it also lets you know the
file size of each photo and video.

jadmorffier

Bronze
May 19, 2011
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409987484.541508.jpg

I should point out though, even though it's a universal app, only on iPad can you
see the file sizes. I can't seem to bring them up on the iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Yes this is something missing on iOS but there are some apps the tell you file sizes.

I use a great little app called PhotoSync. It's great for fast transfer of photos and
videos to other iOS devices and computers over WiFi or BT but it also lets you know the
file size of each photo and video.
Isn't that what Photo Stream is for? Why would you need a separate app for that? Just curious.

jadmorffier

Bronze
May 19, 2011
Isn't that what Photo Stream is for? Why would you need a separate app for that? Just curious.
Photo Stream is apple devices compatible with iCloud only. For other people with
non apple devices like PC's or devices not compatible with iCloud this app does the
job.

It's also has many other features Photo Stream simply does not offer.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Photo Stream is apple devices compatible with iCloud only. For other people with
non apple devices like PC's or devices not compatible with iCloud this app does the
job.

It's also has many other features Photo Stream simply does not offer.
I see. It's kind of like a photo album app I have called MyPhoto. It will share with other devices on wifi. It's not cloud based like Dropbox.