Pictures completely gone after upgrade!

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by galway_girl, Nov 6, 2012.

1. galway_girl

galway_girl New Member

I upgraded today after being prompted to when I plugged my phone into my computer. I have a iPhone 3gs. After it was done downloading, it said there was an error and my phone had shut off. After doing a hard reset, it finally came back on with everything off of it. I basically had a brand new phone and had just activated it for the first time. I called Apple and the guy I talked to read me all the instructions to fix my phone. After talking with him for about an 45 minutes, he sent me over to his supervisor that didn't help improve the situation.

When I did the first "restore" the first person told me to, nothing showed up except for my contacts, a text message I had received while my phone was shut off, pictures I had downloaded to my phone from my computer about a month and a half ago, and my notes. I was restoring it back to the last time I had my phone plugged into my computer, 10/18/12. When the option came up to use a newer date, today, or the old date I ended up pushing the new date and didn't mean to. So after that was done I did it all over again, this time making sure I chose the older date when asked again. After that my text message I received was gone, text messages, pictures still gone, downloaded picture from the computer, and the only call history was the 611 call I made to AT&T on the 10/19/12.

I was told by the supervisor that nothing could be done with getting back the over 1400 pictures and videos I had on the phone. What she said was once the iOS 6 was done and my new iTunes version was done a glitch happened right at the same time and my pictures were gone forever. Now maybe I am being foolish here, but I find it really hard that they are gone just like that when the 611 call I made in October stayed on my phone, plus the downloaded pictures from my computer. And no I never backed up my pictures anytime I plugged my phone into the computer, I heard enough of how I should have always done that enough from the supervisor tonight, so please don't bring me down with it anymore.

I have been on the internet for several hours now downloading things onto my computer that say they can recover my pictures. I have read several articles of people experiencing the same exact thing, not backing up their photos, and all the sudden the photos just show up or the downloaded something that made them appear. I have tried finding something that could help me downgrade to see if I can find them, but nothing seems to work.

What really gets me is the two people I spoke to through Apple said that restoring my phone to 10/19/12 should have brought everything back, yet they can't explain why that restore date only shows one picture. The connect to iTunes photo. I really hope someone can help me with this, even though I can't really do this, I will pay for any kind of program or whatever else in order to get my pictures back. Thank you!

2. Mathew Connelly

Bronze

I am not sure whether this would help you at this stage but its worth looking into the "How to restore" section here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766

Also, it is important to restore from the backup dated the day which you lost your iPhone photos. If there are multiple backup entries dated the same day, you could gamble, but usually the earliest time stamp is the one to choose. Note that there are up to 10 last backup entries that iTunes will keep - i.e. if you restore your iPhone too many times, iTunes would backup your iPhone too many times in return, effectively adding new blank backup entries and getting rid of the older ones.

3. greenyoga

greenyoga Member
    Bronze

That's seems a good idea,checking it out now...

4. Mathew Connelly

Bronze

Let us know how it goes. Note that the restore will only reinstate your Camera Roll contents (i.e. pictures and videos shot on the iPhone) but not photos that might have existed as part of separate photo albums.