Pictures from iPhone to New MBP

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
Title says it all, I backed up everything on HD before move to new computer, but some how forgot my pictures, but their on my iPhone. If I plug it in now, will iPhoto detect all my pictures (not taken from iPhone itself) and transfer them in? Thanks for the help in advance...

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I'm confused as to what you are saying you are going to "plug in." You say in your post they are all on the iPhone so I assumed you meant they are synced on the iPhone to the photo library on there. If so, iPhoto will not recognize the photos on there if they exist in a different album, however through iTunes you can tell it to sync the albums you have on the iPhone and that should pull it back on to your computer. I haven't tried this, but I would imagine it would work.

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
I think if you "sync" through iTunes you may lose them. If you are on a mac, try image capture, its an application, other wise find the comparable in windows. Image capture reads iPhone like a digital camera

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I'm confused as to what you are saying you are going to "plug in." You say in your post they are all on the iPhone so I assumed you meant they are synced on the iPhone to the photo library on there. If so, iPhoto will not recognize the photos on there if they exist in a different album, however through iTunes you can tell it to sync the albums you have on the iPhone and that should pull it back on to your computer. I haven't tried this, but I would imagine it would work.
Don't sync with iTunes on your new Mac! iTunes will erase your albums on the iPhone! Get the iPhoneDrive ($9), a piece of software that allows you to very simply transfer any file (music, photo, video, anything) directly to your Mac. It also allows you to use your iPhone as a HD to transport stuff if you need it, as a bonus.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
If you are on a Windows computer there is a program made by Tansee called "Tansee iPhone Transfer Photo" that will allow you to pull the pictures off the phone. Unfortunately it resizes them during the process and your limited to 640 X 480 or smaller for the end results.

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
Don't sync with iTunes on your new Mac! iTunes will erase your albums on the iPhone! Get the iPhoneDrive ($9), a piece of software that allows you to very simply transfer any file (music, photo, video, anything) directly to your Mac. It also allows you to use your iPhone as a HD to transport stuff if you need it, as a bonus.
won't image capture do the same for free?