Pictures not showing in iMessages

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
On my daughter's 5s using iOS 8.1 when she receives a picture message all she see in the message stream is a empty bubble. To see the picture she has to tap details and scroll down to see the pic. I've looked through all settings and the look correct and done numerous reboots and shutdowns. Any help that anyone can think of will be a great help.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
In all those things you did on settings, was one Reset Network Settings? If not, try that and remember to enter the wifi passcode back in afterwards.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
That was my next step I was trying to avoid that because her collage wifi can be a pain to re-set up.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Ok tried the resetting of network settings and it still not seeing pics unless you go into details

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ok tried the resetting of network settings and it still not seeing pics unless you go into details
1. Settings > Messages > Send and Receive > Apple ID > Sign out
2. Settings > Messages > iMessages > Off
3. Do a hard reset and log back in.

If that doesn't work, the next steps are to delete all messages and reset all settings.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
1. Settings > Messages > Send and Receive > Apple ID > Sign out
2. Settings > Messages > iMessages > Off
3. Do a hard reset and log back in.

If that doesn't work, the next steps are to delete all messages and reset all settings.
We tried this and still not working.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Did this and still didn't work. Restored as new and it started to work. She doesn't want to loose everything and start over so looking for another solution.