pictures won't go into landscape?

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
Anyone else having this issue? Regardless of how I turn my iPhone, the accelerometer won't shift to landscape mode. I've done everything and not sure why?

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
Double click the home button and scroll over all the way to the left and make sure you don't have the portrait mode locked.

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
thx for the info but nope, its unlocked. Everythinmg else works in landscape except pics

lewis26

Silver
Jun 14, 2010
Chicago
What exactly doesn't work? Taking them? Viewing them?

Reb2973

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
I just had the same problem, just got home with my new phone. I went in and locked portrait, then unlocked, then did a reboot by holding the sleep and hold button. came back on and pics now goto landscape. hope this helps

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
phone works entirely in landscape except when viewing pics, even pics that were taken in landscape. I rebooted it and now it works. Thanks

wobandrea

Jun 30, 2010
Thank you!

Double click the home button and scroll over all the way to the left and make sure you don't have the portrait mode locked.
You are a genius! I had the same problem. Went to the At&t store and they couldn't help me. Came home and called Apple tech support and did a restore and that didn't work..Did what you said and it worked! I was going to go to Apple tomorrow and you saved me a trip! Thank you so much!