Piercing iPhone speaker

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
Okay, I, like almost everyone else, is annoyed with the volume of the iPhone...it's pitiful. Many people have said they have poked the holes with a pin and that the volume has actually doubled.

I want to know if it's safe to do it? Risk? Certain way to do it? Will it void the warrinty? etc etc etc

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I would suggest serching the forum. This has ben discussed several times.

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
Okay, I, like almost everyone else, is annoyed with the volume of the iPhone...it's pitiful. Many people have said they have poked the holes with a pin and that the volume has actually doubled.

I want to know if it's safe to do it? Risk? Certain way to do it? Will it void the warrinty? etc etc etc
I used Volume Booster. From what I've read, it has mixed reviews, but for me personally, it works. Try it. What can it hurt? And the warranty issue is no longer an issue.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

The volume is awesome compared to the OTB iPhone. I poked several holes in it con mucho gusto! I don't think it would void the warranty unless Apple took it apart and saw the holes in the dustcover. Just don't hammer the pin in! Just gently poke the holes.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
In did this a while ago when the thread on the subject over at modmyifone was a big hit. It really does work. And, someone posted pics of an opened iPhone showing that the speaker is not near the holes, but deeper inside. You can probably go in like 1/2 inch, and only about 5 or 6 holes are actually able to be penetrated.

KGMJr32

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
Boston, MA
In did this a while ago when the thread on the subject over at modmyifone was a big hit. It really does work. And, someone posted pics of an opened iPhone showing that the speaker is not near the holes, but deeper inside. You can probably go in like 1/2 inch, and only about 5 or 6 holes are actually able to be penetrated.
Can you post that link for us?

KGMJr32

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
Boston, MA
Unlike some of the "IGNORANT" people on this forum, I figured he could save some of us some time.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
i did this and with the volume all the way up it was almost TOO loud =] and it didn't even sound distorted. At first it did but only because i had missed a couple holes

KGMJr32

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
Boston, MA
Ignorant = Going 17-0 and not closing the deal. (But still thinking 16-0 is "something")

nice avatar, Chump.
That is the best you got? I posted that avatar before the playoffs started and they went 18-0 before "not closing the deal"...Learn the game before you open your suck. Someone with OJ as their idol should know football...Clown!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
That is the best you got? I posted that avatar before the playoffs started and they went 18-0 before "not closing the deal"...Learn the game before you open your suck. Someone with OJ as their idol should know football...Clown!
That is not even close to the best I've got. Not wasted on you, at least.

your team did not close the deal.

You are bragging about 16-0 ( when they cheated and still got their ass beat)

OJ is obviously NOT my idiol if you could read

You are, quite frankly, butchering the English langauge.

... and STILL a chump.

KGMJr32

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
Boston, MA
That is not even close to the best I've got. Not wasted on you, at least.

your team did not close the deal.

You are bragging about 16-0 ( when they cheated and still got their ass beat)

OJ is obviously NOT my idiol if you could read

You are, quite frankly, butchering the English langauge.

... and STILL a chump.
That is not even close to the best I've got. Not wasted on you, at least. (Oh no, I am crushed.)

your team did not close the deal. (I never denied it.)

You are bragging about 16-0 (You brought it up, not me)

( when they cheated and still got their ass beat)
(Read up on the story before you open you pie hole. Once you do, we can discuss the so called cheating.)

OJ is obviously NOT my idiol if you could read (It was a sarcastic comment and it is “idol” not “idiol”.)

You are, quite frankly, butchering the English langauge. (At least I can spell the words a clown should know.)

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
GIANTS BABY! 14-6 and SUPER BOWL CHAMPS whoo hoooo
sorry had to put my 2 cents in

CanSpec

Bronze
Mar 5, 2008
Do you have a copy of that pic showing how far too go? Is there an angle or anything? Thanks:)

CanSpec

Bronze
Mar 5, 2008
i did this and with the volume all the way up it was almost TOO loud =] and it didn't even sound distorted. At first it did but only because i had missed a couple holes
Could you please explain to me how to "exactly" do this? Thanks for your time.:)

Naylor07

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
He is saying to search, it isn't that hard and you would get answers much faster. I am sure people get tired of answering the same questions over and over again.