PIM's

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TAF

Nov 25, 2007
Greetings

I did several searches about PIM's and did not find anything. So if I missed it I am sorry, just point me in the right direction. I am looking to possiblly get an iPhone but am a little concerned about the ability to orgainze my daily life. I currently use ageda for the pocket PC. Does the iPhone have an ap like pocket informant or agenda.

Thank you for helping me out with this

TAF

TAF

Nov 25, 2007
a little more info is needed I guess.

What I meant is this. I have used the built in calander on teh pocket pc and it is to simplistic. That is why I moved to agenda. It has the robustness for businesss applications. So the question is not if the iPhone has a calander function. But is there a third party add on that has the robustness of agenda fusion or pocket informent. So that I was not clear in the first post.

thanks

I have been searching the web for a third party PIM for the iPhone but have not found anything

TAF

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
What I meant is this. I have used the built in calander on teh pocket pc and it is to simplistic. That is why I moved to agenda. It has the robustness for businesss applications. So the question is not if the iPhone has a calander function. But is there a third party add on that has the robustness of agenda fusion or pocket informent. So that I was not clear in the first post.

thanks

I have been searching the web for a third party PIM for the iPhone but have not found anything

TAF
There is currently no equivalent to either Agenda Fusion or Pocket Informant for the iPhone. The built in calendar is even less impressive than the PocketPC default one but works as a daily reminder/agenda program. There is a developers kit coming out in Feb of next year and one of the applications that I hope comes about in the near future is a much better calendar. Time will tell. Programmars, please keep it in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

TAF

Nov 25, 2007
Thank you

thank you for letting me know about the PIM software. I hope that the software developer kit and maybe they will write the code to bring one of those PIM's to the iPhone platform

again thank you for the information

TAF

smiwin

Oct 13, 2008
The iPhone is for games only! You are not allowed to be productive with your iPhone(per Apple guidelines). I've learned never to hire anyone with an iPhone as they are far from businesss minded and will never be a productive asset to my company.

I've tried ALL PIM's and task managers for the iPhone from the app store(and there are a ton of task managers). They all fall short in some form or fashion that makes them unbearable to use for serious organization.

It's not truly the developers' faults though, Apple places limitations on the developers which makes it impossible for them to deliver a full application.

Solution: give your iPhone to your kids, or some slacker mac user and go buy a real phone. Me, I'm stuck with it, I'll go on suffering for all mankind.