Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD BEWARE!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by soilsample, Jul 17, 2009.

1. soilsample

soilsample Member

:dft004:tears
    Hi everyone,
    Just wanted everyone to know that I just spent BIG BUCKS on a new Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD head unit for my wife's vehicle. I also bought the iPod cable and the CD-BTB200 Bluetooth module for the setup.

iPhone WILL NOT auto connect with the Pioneer bluetooth module! I can get it to pair and connect one time, but when the car is shut off and restarted, it won't connect.
    To make things worse, I have to tell the iPhone to "forget device" and go through several steps to get the thing to reconnect.
    This thing is not an option for bluetooth if you get in and out of the car often. It is a MAJOR PITA and too much trouble for my Wife to even use it.

One positive note.... if you manage to get the thing paired and connected it works well. The streaming audio from the iPhone is great. Until you shut off the car.:mad::mad::mad:

If anyone finds a solution for me please let me know.

BTW I contacted Pioneer about this and they say that it's the 3.0 software.
  2. Stereo Workz

Stereo Workz New Member

Bluetooth

Just replying to your bluetooth problem. In order to avoid all that you need to register your phone on the unit itself. Refer to pg 19 on your owners manual. You will find it on your function menu. But the car does have to be in park to access the function menu. Hope this helps you out.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist

If that does not work, return it and get the Kenwood DNX-6140. Bluetooth Capable, around 800-1000 depending on where you buy. It has Garmin GPS, auto connecting bluetooth, and was actually made in conjunction with Apple to ensure iPhone/iPod integration.

Only quark is when the A2DP (Stereo Bluetooth) connects, you lose the iPod source channel until you disable it. Easy work around is to disable unit from connecting to A2DP Bluetooth.
  5. bizarro

bizarro New Member

soilsample, were you able to correct your problem using Stereo Workz advice? I am thinking of buying one of these units. Also does the iPhone charge when attached to the headunits ipod input cable, and does the bluetooth work with the phone plugged in to the input cable or do you have to unplug to answer a call ?
  6. the watcher

the watcher Member

I also bought the bluetooth CD-B2B200, and when i hooked it up it did not stay paired, but once i registered it everything worked the way it should, i can now turn my car off and back on and it stay paired. It takes about 30 seconds to connect but it works, and yes when registering it you must have your emergency breaks on.
  7. bizarro

bizarro New Member

So except for being slow reading and displaying files off a memory stick or your ipod/iphone, this is a good unit? Can you play back video off of an ipod/iphone with out any problems?
  8. soilsample

soilsample Member

I've followed the manual many times to register the iPhone. The unit will show my iPhones name in the first slot and work flawlessly...... Until I turn off the car. Then it's gone again untill I "forget device" and repair.

Pioneer customer service told me that it worked fine before 3.0 but not working right since then

Thewatcher are you on software 3.0 or higher???

I've tried all 3 of my iPhones from gen 1to 3gs with same result. But all were on 3.0
  9. The manual is unclear about set up.

I did the same thing and had the same results. It was not untill I wired the ground cable so that my dvd player to work that i could get it to connect and reconnect every time. You need to override the driver lock out feature on this unit prior to getting it to work properly re sink and add your phone to memory in the Pioneer Unit.
  10. soilsample

soilsample Member

My Pioneer unit has been running with the bypass mod since I installed it.

I have not tried to pair the iPhone with the pioneer since 3.0.1 software.
    I guess I should try it again......

Thanks
    Donald
  11. Daven

Daven New Member

I've got the *exact* same issue with my Iphone, as well. Spent tons of money on this and have had 0 luck. I have registered the phne to the device, but once you turn off the ignition, it stops working. And I did bypass the lockout (added a switch) for the ground. It is thoroughly frustrating, as streaming Pandora through the unit was a great feature to model when my car went to shows.
    I spent more time with Pioneer *support* than I care to think about. My suggestion, go get an Alpine.