Pixel Question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

robd54

Aug 8, 2007
So yesterday while using my iPhone (2 days old), I noticed a spot on the top near the "E" that looked like a stuck pixel. I can only see it on gray or white background. At first I though it was something on the screen but was still there after I cleaned it. I've seen dead/stuck pixels before and this doesn't really look like it. It almost looks like its between the LCD and the glass as it looks different depending on the angle. I could swing by and Apple store to ask, but has anyone seen anything like this? I can try to take a picture tonight. I notice it because I know its there, but it's not that bad. I know I could go swap it out, but so far everything else on the phone is fine and i don't see any other pixels. I'd hate to return it to get one with pixels in the middle or something. I did run a pixel test (website with black/white/red/blue/green full pages) and didn't notice anything glaring in the main part of the screen. Any feedback/advice? I want to make sure I got what I paid for, but I know I could get a worse one. Also I could wait until closer to the 14 days to see if any other problems arise. Thanks!

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
So yesterday while using my iPhone (2 days old), I noticed a spot on the top near the "E" that looked like a stuck pixel. I can only see it on gray or white background. At first I though it was something on the screen but was still there after I cleaned it. I've seen dead/stuck pixels before and this doesn't really look like it. It almost looks like its between the LCD and the glass as it looks different depending on the angle. I could swing by and Apple store to ask, but has anyone seen anything like this? I can try to take a picture tonight. I notice it because I know its there, but it's not that bad. I know I could go swap it out, but so far everything else on the phone is fine and i don't see any other pixels. I'd hate to return it to get one with pixels in the middle or something. I did run a pixel test (website with black/white/red/blue/green full pages) and didn't notice anything glaring in the main part of the screen. Any feedback/advice? I want to make sure I got what I paid for, but I know I could get a worse one. Also I could wait until closer to the 14 days to see if any other problems arise. Thanks!

Could you take a macro picture? By the way you describe it, you have what I call a "pixel bubble". This is not a dead pixel but raather a "bubble" slightly larger than a pixel that is cleaerly on top of the lecd but beneath the glass. I had one too and it didn't appear immediately. You can try to exchange it at the Apple store but they seem to be getting more strict with their instant exchanges.

robd54

Aug 8, 2007
That sounds like what it looks like. I'll take a picture and post it tonight when I get home. I don't think its worth returning over, but we'll see howt he phone acts over the next 10 days or so. Hopefully it will stay as good/reliable as its been. Thanks!

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
When I had one of these, I exchanged it because I am OCD and I compulsed over it. It really has not affect on the rest of the unit, so unless you really want to exchange it just try to not think about it.

robd54

Aug 8, 2007
Yeah, it does bother me a little bit, but from reading other return stories I could easily get one that's much worse. I know its a "bubble" or something under the screen because if I look real close while it's off or in sleep, i can see it very lightly. As long as no other problems pop up in the next 10 days, it's a keeper :)