Pizza

Mar 2, 2009
California
What's your favorite pizza and where do you get it?

There are lots of pizza chains here in the bay area. I believe one of my favorites is Papa Murphy's Take n Bake. They were quite popular at one point, although I haven't seen them around many places lately. They have this really yummy chicken and garlic pizza - SO good.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Anything on a boardwalk is usually good.

In general: Thin crust, slightly sweet sauce, not too much cheese.

Anyone see that episode of Food Detectives where they basically proved that NYC pizza tastes the way it does (excellent in my book, btw) because of the water in the dough? Pretty interesting...

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I like Pizza Hut and Dominoes a lot. They just make great pizza, but to be honest, I only eat Margarita so I don't know about their toppings. Papa John's is terrible, I couldn't even finish one slice there. I like the Stuffed Crust Thin Pizza of Pizza Hut and the squared Pizza of Dominoes. Don't know if you have those there, but I'm pretty sure you have the first one at least.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
PJ's wins in one area, though:

FTW!

I also like their cheese, but not their crust.

Mar 2, 2009
California
I love thin crust. There's a place over here in Santa Row that serves the biggest pizza (not overly huge, though) all on very, very thin crust. It's so thin that you feel you only had a few bites.

I hope to go there again soon.

Mar 2, 2009
California
I like Pizza Hut and Dominoes a lot. They just make great pizza, but to be honest, I only eat Margarita so I don't know about their toppings. Papa John's is terrible, I couldn't even finish one slice there. I like the Stuffed Crust Thin Pizza of Pizza Hut and the squared Pizza of Dominoes. Don't know if you have those there, but I'm pretty sure you have the first one at least.
I had Papa John's once, it's down the street from me. I swear, I don't even think my stomach finished digesting their pizza, as it sat in my stomach for days. It was like having cement in your stomach.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Ha! I am glad I didn't finish the slice then. I don't even know why that restaurant is a success and has branches all over the world. Everyone here at least here hates it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Peir 49, Peter Piper, and Hungry Howie's are all good, but my favorite is a my local pizza places.

I don't really care for Little Ceasars, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Godfathers or Dominos.

Pepperoni and not too much cheese please.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Any thin crust pizza will do...since thats what it was intended to be. Not the giant, oily crap from major chains.

I usually make my own thincrust pizza's.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I like Dave and London's descriptions of their preferred pizzas.

I like Ledo Pizza (sit-down dining). Their crusts are sufficiently thin and the sauce and toppings are delicious.

I must admit, though, that I helped scarf down a large thin-crust meat lover's with onions last week at Pizza Hut that was pretty good.

I haven't had one in quite a while, but I actually love Papa John's large thin-crust spinach alfredo pizza.

Mar 2, 2009
California
Next time I go out to my local thin crust restaurant, I'll be sure to post a pic.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Cool, I'll do that too :)

IMO, thin crust is best, but I also like regular crust. Thick crust sucks.

Mar 2, 2009
California
Yes, I've recently begun to love thin crust. I like regular crust too, but it all depends on the dough and how it's made. Some know pizza better than others.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Yes, I've recently begun to love thin crust. I like regular crust too, but it all depends on the dough and how it's made. Some know pizza better than others.
Enjoy the pizza how it was meant to be centuries ago. The crap that chains sell is disgusting. Full of cheese, double this, oil that drains down your arm, or off the pizza, sauce everywhere....and full of calories.

Pizza isn't supposed to be huge, with tripple crust, or a double stuffed crust or cheese inside it. Think about it. The Avg family buys one of those Pizzahut Pizzas, with the cheese sticks. Its carbs, calories, salts, and dairy. Its ALOT.

Thin pizza is so much better, tastewise, healthwise and happiness.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
PJ's wins in one area, though:

FTW!

I also like their cheese, but not their crust.
That's the only area, IMO. PJ around here is awful, like cardboard! Cassano's is the best in the area as far as chains go. The best I've ever had was in Chicago. I almost cried! NY pizza is ok.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
There's a place called Emilios in Commack long island NY which was voted as best pizza on the island by several critics...their Sicilian pie is the best I ever tasted...it's a slice of Italy.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Perfect Slice

The best pizza in the world. Just a small little local place, the best-tasting pizza i've ever had.

On a side note, I had stuffed crust Little Caesar's tonight. Surprisingly not bad. Nothing compared to PS though.

Last edited by a moderator:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
My pizza from tonight from my favorite delivery joint. The crust on this one was abnormally thick, but it was still good. They use great cheese and ground sausage.