PlainJainDim = My new favorite Summerboard Theme

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
sorry if this is old news... i did a search and didn't find anything...

anyways,

Up until now i had been bouncing around using different combinations of themes, wallpapers, icons, etc, but i LOVE this one, and i don't see it getting replaced anytime soon. All of the icons are translucent and very minimalistic, which i love. This makes it easier to show off a cool wallpaper, and generally "clean up" a busy homescreen if you have a lot of apps on it. Because the icons are whit-ish, i find works best with darker wallpapers.

Big thumbs up to Matt "Target" Davis!

**EDIT**
due to requests, here is the wallpaper i used for this screenshot. All i did was crop off part of an album cover from one of my favorite bands Porcupine Tree. Check them out!

trinic101

Sep 15, 2007
thanks for the summerboard theme suggestion, i stopped downloading themese at phiberglass, settled with it and removed all others since they were taking up space pointlessly since i never used/liked most of em..

just installed this one and really like it, appreciate it once again

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
where did u get that background from

I cropped it from an album cover by Porcupine Tree. If i had copy&paste on this darn phone i would post it here... I will when i get home.

I did also post it along with many other album-art wallpapers in the main wallpaper thread in the wallpapers section.

x-ception

Bronze
Sep 15, 2007
I cropped it from an album cover by Porcupine Tree. If i had copy&paste on this darn phone i would post it here... I will when i get home.

I did also post it along with many other album-art wallpapers in the main wallpaper thread in the wallpapers section.
Thanks bro got it from that thread ... even tho i had to go through all your posts just to find it lolz

ChemicalWeather

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
could someone link the wallpaper please and i love the theme too, wish there was a way to make it so it wasn't too transparent though

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
could someone link the wallpaper please and i love the theme too, wish there was a way to make it so it wasn't too transparent though

i added the wallpaper to the original post for everyone. glad you guys like it, but i want to make sure you all know, i did not make it! I just cropped it from the album cover of "Fear of a Blank Planet" by Porcupine Tree.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
in my everlasting attempt to clean up my home screen, i finally decided to just hide all of the icons except for the dock and just use the sunburst to access my other apps. Who knows, maybe i'll hide the dock too...

**EDIT**
well, here i go... i'm gonna try this for a few days. The theme was cool, but it led me down a path where i won't be needing themes anymore.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Goin well so far... Although i did have a bit of a scare today. I was messing around in customizer, and when i exited, the sunbeam did not appear. After staring at the screen for a couple of seconds in hope, it reappared.

Otherwise i like it. Combined with the taskbar notifier, i have all i really need on the springboard.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
ok, so i decided to give in and just put the phone icon on the springboard. For some reason i like at least one there... if only to give people a hint. And if i do need to dial someone in a hurry, i won't have to fumble around with the sunbeam. Everything else i'm ok with fumbling. Although, i have considered adding one of the 3p app launcher icons... idunno... we'll see.

changed my wallpaper too...

ChemicalWeather

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
ok, so i decided to give in and just put the phone icon on the springboard. For some reason i like at least one there... if only to give people a hint. And if i do need to dial someone in a hurry, i won't have to fumble around with the sunbeam. Everything else i'm ok with fumbling. Although, i have considered adding one of the 3p app launcher icons... idunno... we'll see.

changed my wallpaper too...

if i went iconless id definitely have to go with the phone icon like you did, and yeah i was thinking about using launcher too

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
i love plainjaindim! here's my screenshot. reminds me i have to charge my iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Yeah acosmichippo - I posted this in the "post pics of your mods" thread and Gametroll, aka Matt Davis stopped in there to say thanks. I love plainjaindim...but I found one to replace it... BlackJainDim! :laugh2:

Check it out...

Hey acosmichippo - how did you hide the dock under the dock icons? I saw your Scream theme before and love how clean it looks without a dock. Let me know yo.

Sep 11, 2007
love the Theme great work. One request though. Can we get an iswitcher icon? It stands out like a sore thumb with all the other icons so transparent.