Planking...The latest "craze"

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Have you seen or heard about the latest thing the "kids" are up to these days? Basically you pretend to be a piece of wood. Yup... thats it. The point is to try and do it in the most unusual / funny places whilst your friend takes a picture or video...

This seems to me like a giant waste of time and completely pointless, but some of the pictures are genuinely laugh out loud funny - not because they are funny, but because they are so ridiculous. A favorite of mine is this one...

Just because (I hope) it isn't staged and the one guy is like WTF! ha

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
How very random? From the two pictures above, is it females only?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm getting out of this thread before I get roped in... :)

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
Apparently not John. I saw it on the news yesterday. From Australia, there were guys doing it.

Aug 31, 2010
Were we this weird when we were teenagers? I think not. How odd...

Aug 31, 2010
Yes we were. We pegged our pants remember.
Pegged pants? I genuinely don't know what you're talking about. I remember the backwards pants wearing days though. Good ol' Kris Kross.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Pegged pants? I genuinely don't know what you're talking about. I remember the backwards pants wearing days though. Good ol' Kris Kross.
When u folded over the bottom and rolled it up nice and tight making a nice tight cuff.

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
Rowling a pack of camels in your T shirt sleeve.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I'll take planking more then gleeking. Planking you just look like a board, gleeking is where you like lightly spit on people but it's forceful and your aim is really good.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'll take planking more then gleeking. Planking you just look like a board, gleeking is where you like lightly spit on people but it's forceful and your aim is really good.
That sounds disgusting, why would you want to spit on somebody?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
From what I hear she isn't very friendly... Kinda 'stiff' if ya know what I mean. Har har har
We have the same twisted mind.
Come and pick me up at 10, there's a hooters near me that has planking every Wednesday night ;)

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Slightly spit with good aim? I'd slap you senseless if you do that to me.
U cannot do this. It's not even close to funny. It's a crime in many states punishable by jail time. It's called Aggrivated Battery I believe. It can be a misdemeanor or even a Felony Assault. The Saliva carries germs and if the secretion reaches any of your mucus membranes and the person is infected you will and or can get sick and that is definitely a crime punishable by jail time.

It's even worse if a person spits on someone knowing that they are sick with something then it could be a Felony Assault. There are all kinds of diseases that can be transmitted this way and none of them are funny or deserved by the victim.

This is not a funny game. I hope no one is doing this because it could follow them for the rest of their life if prosecuted. It's not to be taken lightly by either party.