Plans for the 4th? Or summer?

H

Hayesimus

Anyone taking trips? Maybe doing some family fireworks?

I for one will be going to the river with some friends. Nothing rugged, we reserved a hotel room lol. But we are going floating I think and we'll have some drinks naturally. And you guys?

EDIT: MAYBE I am going. I'm not so sure at the moment...

EDIT EDIT: I'm going...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
in july i'm going to Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin (Road America) for a vintage car racing series... lots of pics will be posted. and in august i'm going to chicago for three King Crimson shows at Park West... lots of concerts this summer.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
No real plans for the 4th. It will likely end up being all my friends in my backyard with the grill going.

As far as summer plans, we have a couple annual things we do, mostly in August. We go white water rafting/camping with a large group of friends... we also do Philadelphia Folk Fest (more camping). And all my buddies have tickets to see Radiohead when they roll into Philly.

So all in all, an exciting summer ahead. I can't believe June is over already!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
4th = hang out with my brother, our assorted kids, probably some grilling.

Summer = hope to take a beach holiday - would be my daughter's first time on the coast / seeing the ocean and all that jazz ....

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Bar-B-Q and fireworks on the 4th. We have a great fireworks show here down on the riverwalk.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Fireworks on the beach. No other way for me.

- John

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
well i will be at a party on the 4th, but sadly, with no fireworks (at least no really cool ones) because they are illegal in my city, plus our governor (the terminator lol) doesn't want ppl to buy/use them because of all the fires here in california.

as for the summer, i plan on getting my first job, and hopefully visiting my family in georgia :)

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
I will be doing fireworks on the 4th, and I'll be on the look out for cops because like he ^ said fireworks are illegal in California.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i don't want to start an argument here, but is it really worth a few bangs to risk wildfires?

<- hugs a tree for hippo

Gonna stay at home and watch fireworks from the back deck, have a great view over the lake where they launch them:

GetOneShot.jpg

Actually, I have been involved with Fire and Rescue for years and we always had the final say whether the fireworks activities were allowed. We based it on wind, humidity and area prep. We always spent several days wetting down the entire acreage near the launch site and were on standby te entire time with spotters everywhere.

H

Hayesimus

hippo, i'm with no firework left behind. please, each year millions and millions of poor helpless fireworks go unused. And with only the small fee of 56 cents a day, you can help these fireworks get more for their bang. And with each donation, we'll send you a picture of the firework you are supporting along with their history and each month we'll send you updates so you can see how much you've touch that little bang's life...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
edit: don't want to hijack a good thread.

H

Hayesimus

hey. some would say its poetic justice... not me. i've never been there... maybe iCafe would say such a thing...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm hoping to squeeze in a round (or 2) of golf, a baseball game and the beach this weekend and maybe a movie. Should be fun.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I will be going to a BBQ in Duarte, California, fireworks are still allowed so we do the old fashion Block Party pack which costs 10x more then when we were little, I have to have my snakes and sparklers.
I am going to Vegas in 2 weeks and then in August you will not hear from me for a whole month because we are taking our 5th wheel and will be camping the whole month. Not taking too much technology with us.
They changed our school year this year and it sucks because we always went back to school after labor day and now we have to be back the last week of August so thats when I'll be back.