Plans

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

123az789

Oct 21, 2007
I just bought an iPhone today and i am activating it right now.

I am already on a family plan. When i pick which sms messaging i want, does my unlimited on my family go to my iPhone, your do I need to get the unlimited

123az789

Oct 21, 2007
did you get that straightned out.....
No not really, my mom just had me get the 200 sms and she will take it from there.

But should I wait to jailbreak it, since i just got it today? I am younger, so if anything ever went wrong could i do something to make it look like i never did anything?

If i should, could someone post a link for a VERY detailed step by step jail break

addy005

Bronze
Dec 10, 2007
Dude, I jailbroke my phone the DAY i got it. Chris helped me out haha. So he would be the best step by step guide.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
No not really, my mom just had me get the 200 sms and she will take it from there.

But should I wait to jailbreak it, since i just got it today? I am younger, so if anything ever went wrong could i do something to make it look like i never did anything?

If i should, could someone post a link for a VERY detailed step by step jail break
Young man or young lady, I may not be your mom but I am a mom so sorry if I'm going to sound like one. Until you are old enough to purchase your own phone (assuming that you did not so I apologize if I'm wrong) AND pay your own monthly bill.......you have no businesss "messing" with your phone.

Others will come along and tell you that there is no risk to modding your phone but the forums are also full of folks who have problems with it once they have.

You do what you think is right but ask yourself how your parents will feel if you mess up your $400 phone.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Mod your phone. If you are an AT&T customer, you're not going to hurt it. It can always be restored to factory settings in about six minutes. Personalize your phone and make it yours. Don't listen to the robots that will attempt to fill you with reluctance and paranoia. Be strong and shrug the fear off your shoulders...

Or you can listen to someone elses mommy (busy-body) and never try anything new or have any fun and stare at your vanilla phone just because she says so... What a controller... J/k

Search around on this website and make your own decision... You will not destroy your phone... Have fun.

Use Chris716's easy guide to jailbreaking.... It can be found as a headder to one of the forum catogories...

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
Mod your phone. If you are an AT&T customer, you're not going to hurt it. It can always be restored to factory settings in about six minutes. Personalize your phone and make it yours. Don't listen to the robots that will attempt to fill you with reluctance and paranoia. Be strong and shrug the fear off your shoulders...

Or you can listen to someone elses mommy (busy-body) and never try anything new or have any fun and stare at your vanilla phone just because she says so... What a controller... J/k

Search around on this website and make your own decision... You will not destroy your phone... Have fun.

Use Chris716's easy guide to jailbreaking.... It can be found as a headder to one of the forum catogories...

lol thats real funny... yes mod your phone don't be afraid of people telling you not to.. Its super easy to do it..

123az789

Oct 21, 2007
Ok so I decided i was going to jailbreak it. I am on 1.1.2 so I downloaded the 1.1.1 and when I was downgrading my phone froze up and said it could "upgrade" and then it had the menu with a usb and iTunes sign and i had to restore. So should i not jailbreak it anymore, did i do something wrong?

123az789

Oct 21, 2007
ok thanks ill do that...but after I mod it, could i get it back to where i started at the beginging with just the normal stuff

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
man ive never seen that error ever on there its suspose to say failed to send to phone.. I look and see if i can find the answer then ill let you know...

3g.

Jul 7, 2008
my dad pays all ready for like 500 minutes and he wants to add me to his network, if i get the iPhone do i need to get a separate voice plan because i just figured i pay 30$for data + 20$unlimted text and whatever he payed for his minutes

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
Well, if he is on a family plan, your cost would be $10 + $30 + whatever for messages. If he is a single line and wants to add you on as a single line, then it'll be the cost of the mobile plan (lowest around 39.99 i think) + $30 + messages. So it'll be at least $70 a month.

3g.

Jul 7, 2008
well theres 2 people already on the line. so he pays idk how much y the 10$ just to have me on the line?

so it would be 20text + 30$data + 10$line=60 so you would add 60 + what he pays already