Plastic protector for screen issue...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

xdawgg

Jul 17, 2007
I just bought these plastic covers that go over the glass, but I had trouble with the first one. First on the semi sticky side I had some dust particles on it. How do you get them off? When I tried wiping it I smudged it and could not for the life of me find anyway to actually clean the surface of the sticky side.

Now I have all kinds of smudges and I think the first one is ruined. So how long does one usually last and if the second one gets dirty on the sticky side, what did I do.

***update***

I put cleaner on it and the film disolved...I think its what makes it cling to the screen :(

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I just bought these plastic covers that go over the glass, but I had trouble with the first one. First on the semi sticky side I had some dust particles on it. How do you get them off? When I tried wiping it I smudged it and could not for the life of me find anyway to actually clean the surface of the sticky side.

Now I have all kinds of smudges and I think the first one is ruined. So how long does one usually last and if the second one gets dirty on the sticky side, what did I do.

***update***

I put cleaner on it and the film disolved...I think its what makes it cling to the screen :(
Why don't you do without plastic cover. I've had my phone since day 1, it never leaves my side (hand), I've dropped it at least 10 times (it does have a clear case) and I don't have a scratch.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Why don't you do without plastic cover. I've had my phone since day 1, it never leaves my side (hand), I've dropped it at least 10 times (it does have a clear case) and I don't have a scratch.
I agree with this.

I tried the covers and had the exact same problem. The have sticky stuff on the package that kept getting on the covers.
Then the other ones kept making little air bubbles.

I just gave up.

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK

***update***

which protectors did you buy? the power crystal ones from the Apple store (2 for 14.95) have worked great for me. I have had my phone for over 2 weeks now, I have already cleaned the first protector once, let it air dry and used some canned air on it, went on flawlessly with the edge of a credit card. The credit card lines up perfectly with the width of the iPhone. Hope that helps.

Mike02z

Sep 10, 2007
I bought the screen protectors sold here, the good ones and no matter how clean I got the screen I'd always have at least one or 2 bubbles. I finally gave up. I have the DLO side holster and no screen protector and after 3 weeks no scratches but then it would be hard to tell as the iPhone is a fingerprint magnet! I can't get my screen clean no matter what I use to clean it.