Plastic?

ifred

Jun 28, 2007
i was just wondering is the back of the iPhone 3g plastic?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
wow that sucks..thanks
its not that bad actually. its supposedly for better reception for the new 3g and gps services. also it wont dent when you drop it like th v1 iPhone would. it looks really nice i don't see anything wrong with it

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
i like the back casing anyway. only thing is that it shows your fingerprints all over.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
The plastic has a much better feel to it.

Bannod

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
At the beach, WA
From macworld:

"One of the questions with the original iPhone, that’s come back around now with the iPhone 3G, is: how tough is it? If I drop it, kick it, what have you, will it survive?

Well, the thing’s not made out of Adamantium. But as my colleagues at PC World found, it’s tough. After PC World finished its brutal torture tests of the iPhone 3G, editor Tim Moynihan came into my office to show the damaged iPhone off. Its screen had cracked after a high drop onto concrete—the fourth such drop. Tim reports that while the silver Apple on the phone’s back is scratchable, the actual shiny plastic is remarkably scratch-resistant. Tim suggested that, in true Bible-stopped-the-bullet fashion, we might want to keep our iPhone 3Gs in our shirt pockets to protect us against ricocheting gunfire. Now that’s tough."