Playing 3G through car stereo?

Chuck8002

Jul 29, 2008
Currently have the orgional ipod that I use to listen to music in the car. My car has an AUX plug, so I have the plug that goes into ipod headphone jack and goes into AUX plug.

Now I want to use my new 3g for music in the car. I would like to get a different product because this wont charge my phone. Especially with the battery life of the 3g i'd like an accessory that I can use to play my iPhone music through my car stereo in good quality while charing my iPhone. Shoot me some links of what you think is best. Could use a FM transmitter if that's what I need to. Cost doesn't matter. Thanks :cool:

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
i never liked the fm transmitters before because they don't give the BEST quality. your best bet is to stick with the AUX cable and just add the charger such as the griffen i jolt which in my opinion is great
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...lt-vehicle-power-charger-for-iphone-3g.29674/

thats what i do i just have my charger plugged into the 12 V outlet and then the aux plugged in and you get crystal clear audio quality and a perfect charging solution. the griffen powerjolt can also charge many other usb devices too and comes with a couple adapters. its only 20 dollars too

Last edited by a moderator:

Mech

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
If money isn't an issue, get the Alpine X100 unit and do it that way. It kicks ass.

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
I bought a universal dock and mounted it in my car. This should work well for you. Buy a universal dock and a cigarette adapter for the iPhone. You can then plug the aux plug into the back.

- Garrett

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
If cost REALLY doesn't matter, go get a 2009 Acura TSX with the technology package. It comes with a USB port so you can use your iPhone dock cable to plug it in. It charges the 3G beautifully and you use the nav screen for your iPod functions. It even plays apps like Pandora through the cable. The car already comes with turn-by-turn nav so you don't need it for your iPhone. When A2DP comes out for the iPhone, then you can use the Bluetooth Audio function and play songs WIRELESSLY! :cool:

Aug 8, 2008
i would like what the OP is talking about also.....basically, I think we are both looking for something that will connect to the dock of out iPhone 3G (and ipod if possible for me!) and will (1) charge the device and (2) have a line out so that a simple cord could be used to connect to an aux-in

cococawaii

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008