playing iPhone in the car.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

eric1952

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
when using the iPhone in the ipod mode in the car i get strange static pops through my radio.i am using the cassette adaptor to play my ipod. i am assuming it is some sort of interference from the phone itself.has anybody experienced this,and does anyone know if it may be harmful to the phone?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
when using the iPhone in the ipod mode in the car i get strange static pops through my radio.i am using the cassette adaptor to play my ipod. i am assuming it is some sort of interference from the phone itself.has anybody experienced this,and does anyone know if it may be harmful to the phone?
it happens with any att/cingular phone when near speakers or anything like that it happens when seding data. so like now for instance im tesxt messaging with a friend and everytime she text messages me i can hear the noise through my computer speakers like 5 second before i actually get the text so i kinda know when she texts me before i actually get it. thats like the only plus lmao because your going to have to deal with it or put your phone in airplane mode everytime you want to play it in your car. but i don't even put it in airplane mode in my car and i barley hear the noise

Haven't had that problem yet.

I've been playing mine via the aux input jack on the front of the stereo, with my "modded" cable. ;)

The only problem I had was when I had it cranked up and I got an email. The notification sound nearly scared me to death.

(I'm old..I don't need to be startled like that, thank you!) :p

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I'm using an FM transmitter connected to the headset jack and I get this "morse-code" burst every once in a while. It is radio interference from the phone. It will not harm the phone (nor the car electronics I believe)... just annoying.

Jul 19, 2007
im using the alpine dva 310 and the alpine kca420 and it work great! It charge my phone! Plus i can select the song from my head unit without any problem!

It is by far the sickest thing I got in my car beside the three tv I got in my car

gentlegiantcraig

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Sunny South Florida
I'm using an FM transmitter connected to the headset jack and I get this "morse-code" burst every once in a while. It is radio interference from the phone. It will not harm the phone (nor the car electronics I believe)... just annoying.
I just put it into Airplane Mode, while using the FM transmitter. Because I shouldn't be talking on the phone while driving anyway. Thats while I don't mind if the Ipod feature is in use, while I have Airplane mode enabled.

Jul 15, 2007
im using the alpine dva 310 and the alpine kca420 and it work great! It charge my phone! Plus i can select the song from my head unit without any problem!

It is by far the sickest thing I got in my car beside the three tv I got in my car
i have the same thing and it works fine with the iPhone. but do you think that the response is really slow? it seems that alpine took something wonderful a the Apple user interface and introduced a serious delay between action and response ...

Bakerman

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
PA/USA
i have the same thing and it works fine with the iPhone. but do you think that the response is really slow? it seems that alpine took something wonderful a the Apple user interface and introduced a serious delay between action and response ...
I have noted the delay between the noise in speakers and the actual ringing of a cell phone long before iPhone was out. I used to wnoder what it was until recently. The iPhone has actually been better than my previous black razr.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I have the hardmonkarmon drive + play and it works great through the radio. I and it' a not just AT&T that makes the funky noise before calls or texts, I used to have tmobile (back in the day preiPhone) and it did the same thing.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

He wants help, not someone bragging about how good theirs works.

I have the cassette adapter as well, and I have no problem. You might want to mess with both the iPhone's volume and your car stereo's volume to come to a happy meduim.

Jul 19, 2007

I notice the delay too! Im thinking bout trying the new alpine video iPod interface just to see if the ablum art and the movie from the iPhone will display on the head unit! Anybody try it with that interface yet

Jul 19, 2007
I notice it too! Anybody try the alpine video iPod interface yet just to see If it display the ablum art and movie from the iPhone to the head unit yet! Please let me know