Playlists not showing up on iPhone 3G?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kerunt

Nov 26, 2007
Hi there,

I have some playlists that I've synced through iTunes. iTunes shows them as having synced just fine, but a few of them are simply not showing up on the iPhone. I'm clueless at to why. I've tried removing them and synching again - no luck. What the hell?

Someone shed some light please!

iPhone 3G
iPhone OS 3.1.3

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I know this isn't really helping - but google it. I had the same problem, and I had to drill into the settings of my smart playlist to get it to sync. I think it had something to do with adding a parameter of "music".... I can look into it a little more tomorrow if you don't have it solved by then.

kerunt

Nov 26, 2007
Ramesh, I actually did google it before posting, but I'll look into the smart playlist & music parameter stuff. One of the playlists that's not synching is a smart playlist, the other is just a normal playlist.

kerunt

Nov 26, 2007
Ramesh, don't worry about the Google comment :).

The "Media kind" option did the trick! Thanks for the quick help!

iNurse

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2011
The Volunteer State of Tennessee
i know this is an old post, but my playlist are not showing up on my iPhone. I had playlist was working... now only like a few songs show up but on iTunes, it shows the whole list..... any help appreciated thanks

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Check and see if they have checkboxes in iTunes, or that you have unchecked "Sync only checked songs and videos"

Try removing the playlist from the iPhone entirely (uncheck it from the iTunes -> iPhone -> Music tab), and then re-adding it. Or selecting to add your entire music library, if you have enough space.

Come to think of it, if you don't have enough space, maybe iTunes or the iPhone is actually removing songs from it to make room. Are they purchased songs?

Feb 8, 2012
My playlists, or something similar, started showing up under Genres. It works for me because my Playlists are kind of set up around genres and albums. The regular playlists that I have listed in iTunes don't all show up -- only some do. I think it has something to do with what iTunes Match considers a clean list. As I was moving songs around and recreating my missing playlists in iTunes it started giving me warnings about mixing songs and videos as well as purchased and personally ripped songs. Don't know what is going on here but i have some functionality back.