Playlists not transferring

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DReborn

Aug 8, 2007
for some reason only some of my playlists are transferring to my iPhone. I can't find a rhyme or reason why some go and some don't. Under the music sync tab i have selected the playlists i want copied/transferred.

some of the playlist TITLE'S will transfer but none of the songs. So i will have just an empty playlist under my iPhone device in iTunes.

I can play the playlist fine under iTunes (under my main playlist section not under the iPhone section) so iTunes knows where they are. Don't know why it isn't working.

I have the latest iTunes and iPhone software.

emphar

Jul 12, 2007
You say it is transferring the playlist titles but not the songs. My only guess is that the songs are a file format not compatible with the iPhone.

The following are the supported types (from Apple.com):
AAC, Protected AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 1, 2, and 3), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

DReborn

Aug 8, 2007
nope, they are in the correct format.

so i think i have an idea of what's going on. for some reason iTunes can't keep track of my song locations. I import a playlist and it shows up and plays fine but when i try to transfer to the iPhone i get a blank playlist. weird. i close out iTunes and now the playlists i imported that JUST played perfectly all have missing song locations ("original file cannot be found").

obviously i am not moving these files around. what's going on?

I make a .m3u playlist in windows media player and then import it to iTunes. I've done it hundreds of times before.

maybe iTunes is confused on my library location? I have it set in preferences but i recently changed locations so maybe the old iTuneslibrary.xml is having issues?

help! =)