Please explain exactly what an RS feed is/does

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
lmfao? lol

(these are my only words in the post... i figured i needed some)
I helped my kids build a fort in their room. I guess I should have given more info! Didn't you build forts with pillows and blankets and stuff when you were young? My brother and would build them for hours. Of course this was back when Pong was a cool video game...

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I helped my kids build a fort in their room. I guess I should have given more info! Didn't you build forts with pillows and blankets and stuff when you were young? My brother and would build them for hours. Of course this was back when Pong was a cool video game...
oh yeah i definitely know what you're talking about XD i just thought it was funny :p

peter griffin did the same thing on an airplane:D

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
a rss feed is just a way of passing simple information from one source to many recipients. New items can be added to the feed and picked up by people who 'subscribe' to that feed.
the files are transmitted using a langauge called XML.
it's like a cross between a web page and an email newsletter. Rss is good, we like rss. Hope that helps

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Brill beat me to it.

Basically, if you're lazy and don't want to spend time clicking through all the forums, you can view the RSS feed.

Also, if you wish to steal a site's news or posts, an RSS feed can be extremely helpful. For example, there is, or was, a site called "iPhone King" which copied and pasted our RSS feeds to his site. It made it look really stupid. The site now appears to have been taken down.

I put up a thread about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

sanjuue

Nov 27, 2007
Hi,
I'd installed Mobile RSS into my iPhone...I tried to add feed (reader.google.com) but it doesn't display anything...Can anyone advise me on adding a feed into the Mobile RSS reader? Thnx!