Please help - Bluetooth passcode issue

kiddnets

Feb 9, 2008
Love my new iPhone but one big problem which is so stupid IMO

Turned on the blutooth discovery for my car (BMW X-3 SUV) - Phone finds the car bluetooth and goes to a screen to enter my passkey code so it can work with the car - problem is my BMW code has numbers and letters but iPhone will only let me put in numbers so I can't synch it to the bluetooth!

iPhone support said nothing they can do - how is this possible? BMW said its codes have letters and #s - why cant the phone just have the normal fraking keyboard for entry? Why would they want to alienate people that have letters in their passcodes?

This may be a deal breaker for me - any help would be much appreciated!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i have an x3 too, and my bluetooth passcode is only a 4-digit number. are you sure you're looking at the right number for your passcode? i had a separate bluetooth manual that came with my other manuals that has my passcode on a sticker on it. if you don't have that, check the bluetooth module yourself - it's in the cargo area behind the removable panel on the driver's side. you'll see the bluetooth logo on it and there will be a number with PK: before it (or something like it - haven't looked at it in a while) to denote that it's the passcode. give that a try - it really shouldn't have letters in it and i think bmw was smoking something when they told you that...

kiddnets

Feb 9, 2008
i have an x3 too, and my bluetooth passcode is only a 4-digit number. are you sure you're looking at the right number for your passcode? i had a separate bluetooth manual that came with my other manuals that has my passcode on a sticker on it. if you don't have that, check the bluetooth module yourself - it's in the cargo area behind the removable panel on the driver's side. you'll see the bluetooth logo on it and there will be a number with PK: before it (or something like it - haven't looked at it in a while) to denote that it's the passcode. give that a try - it really shouldn't have letters in it and i think bmw was smoking something when they told you that...
Thanks for the help! I have the card which has many numbers on it - the PK # has 4 digits but did not work when I entered it - so BMW said use the BT # which has letters - I think they are something something (or are morons) - I'll try the 4 digit PK code as per your rec. Ill let you know if that does it!

Thanks!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Thanks for the help! I have the card which has many numbers on it - the PK # has 4 digits but did not work when I entered it - so BMW said use the BT # which has letters - I think they are something something (or are morons) - I'll try the 4 digit PK code as per your rec. Ill let you know if that does it!

Thanks!
good luck! my iPhone works perfectly with my X3's bluetooth system, and even the separate bmw ipod kit i had installed. you'll love it!