Please help changing default language on iPhone

Sep 20, 2008
Dear friends,

I was exploring my new iPhone 3G and thrilled to see how it can use so many different alphabets and langauge systems. I wanted to see how Chinese would look on my phone because the figures are so complex.

Now - all my menus are in CHINESE - and I can't get back to English. Please help - I need a step by step description of what to press with the choices described by the position they are on the screen since I can read what they are called.

If someone would like to walk me through it by phone (******* Eastern Time - between 8 am and 11 pm), I would be SO VERY, VERY GRATEFUL!

curious Jane :oops:

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
go to settings> general(7 spots down)> international(12 spots down, 2nd one up from the bottom.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Never post your phone number on a public forum. Just not a good idea.

Sep 20, 2008
more screens appear - with 3 choices - still don't know what to do,

go to settings> general(7 spots down)> international(12 spots down, 2nd one up from the bottom.
more screens appear - with 3 choices - still don't know what to do,

I appreciate your trying - would it work for me to call you and walk/talk it through?

I'm feeling kind of desperate and frustrated.

Jane

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
sorry I didn't go all the way through it. The first spot is the langauge selector open this and you will find English. The third spot is the region where you can select united states.

Sep 20, 2008
English never looked so good!

sorry I didn't go all the way through it. The first spot is the langauge selector open this and you will find English. The third spot is the region where you can select united states.
Kenneth,

thank you, thank you, thank YOU!

Now - the only thing I need to do is to figure out how to get the contacts (and, if possible, other info) from my Palm Centro to my iPhone and I will be a happy camper. My Centro has never been backed up. Any ideas? I am using a MacBook.

with gratitude,

Jane

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Well you can type all of your contacts into yahoo or soemthing along those lines. I don't really know how to get your contacts to upload from the phone. I'm sure you can though. Ok glad I could help.

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Kenneth,

thank you, thank you, thank YOU!

Now - the only thing I need to do is to figure out how to get the contacts (and, if possible, other info) from my Palm Centro to my iPhone and I will be a happy camper. My Centro has never been backed up. Any ideas? I am using a MacBook.

with gratitude,

Jane
do what i did. i created a gmail account at:

https://www.google.com/accounts/New...82e4078f1efccb2ab860120767636a439ad0e1&type=2

and then sign into your account and on the left side its going to say "contacts" and just start your phonebook using that. after your done with all your contacts. go to iTunes and sync "google contacts" to your iPhone. and btw if your phone ever gets restored and you lost all your contacts. you already know your contacts are safe on google's side so you can bring them back again.

Sep 20, 2008
an interesting idea

that sounds interesting, because I already use gmail. But it means hand-typing everything in my palm centro into gmail. right?no way to get it in electronically?

Jane

do what i did. i created a gmail account at:

https://www.google.com/accounts/New...82e4078f1efccb2ab860120767636a439ad0e1&type=2

and then sign into your account and on the left side its going to say "contacts" and just start your phonebook using that. after your done with all your contacts. go to iTunes and sync "google contacts" to your iPhone. and btw if your phone ever gets restored and you lost all your contacts. you already know your contacts are safe on google's side so you can bring them back again.