Please help - Computer not recognizing iPhone after 1.1.1 Unlock

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

viperboy

Sep 11, 2007
hello. i finally did the whole process last night to get my unlocked iPhone up to 1.1.1 and everything went fine. i just synced up my iPhone to my computer 20 mins ago. now, the computer doesn't recognize it and its not being charged by it either. i restarted both ther computer and iPhone... no luck. and i plugged it into the wall and it charges, so its not the cable.

any ideas here? i just want to be able to sync again and get more music on here. im just worried about putting it in restore mode and having iTunes not recognize it and be stuck with it in restore mode :(

viperboy

Sep 11, 2007
it gets better... i was gonna try and put it in restore mode and hope iTunes recognized it, but i cant even get it into restore mode! i've done it a bunch of times (shutdown, then hold home+sleep button when you see Apple logo) and it just keeps resetting. even trying to do the home+sleep while in the dock, that apparently does nothing, it wouldn't do it... please help!

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
try another usb port... end all tasks related to iTunes or Apple in any way and then open iTunes again... and as far as restore you said you shut down then held the home and power... just hold the home and power while you have the phone on and keep holding them for like 20-30 seconds...

maikolo

May 5, 2008
mate just wondering if you have sortted your phone yet. I two have the same drammas as you. would be nice to know what ya did to resolve it. cheers dude!