Please Help! Cydia Issues..

Knux3GS

Aug 4, 2009
New York
Im having a couple of problems recently with Cydia.. My first issue is that when I open Cydia and it starts updating and refreshing things up on that bar at the top it gets stuck on an error saying http not found.. I left it doing that overnight and this morning it was still on that stage.. Also every time i install anything from apps to themes i get 3 error mssgs that i must click ok it doesn't effect the DL but i always get the mssgs they say something about snes4iPhone.. Which i have on my phone... The third issue is deleting/removing cydia themes or apps.. When going into packages and trying to remove things through there it goes through the motions but does not delete! It says "downloading snes4iPhone" when i try to remove something..WTF?!?... and i cannot delete cydia apps from my phone.. It says unable to delete (and i do have cydelete)... I need to free up space and its just not letting me remove anything and gives me constant error messages when Installing. Or trying to remove...Any ideas? Please help guys.. Thanks in advance

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
What FW are you on? Have you done a hard reset? You shouldn't have to free up memory on the 3GS. How much free memory do you have? I would suggest using iStat to free up enough memory before trying to delete stuff if you were on a 3G or V1. Try deleting the snes4iPhone source. Do you have Icy on the phone (it is a Cydia alternative)? A restore will fix this, so if you haven't already upgraded to 3.0.1, now's the perfect time.

Knux3GS

Aug 4, 2009
New York
Its not that i NEED to free up memory but ever since putting a lot of Cydia stuff on my phone my AIM takes forever to type on and send mssgs... doesn't the 3gs come stock with 3.0.1? (forgive me im somewhat new)..i have tried to delete snes4iPhone but it goes through the motions but does not remove it! So frustrating..no matter what i install it gives me error msgs about snes..?... Also how do i get icy? Ive tried on cydia but cant find it.. Im assuming u cant get it off cydia? Again im a noob so forgive me.. Thnks for your help

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It comes with 3.0. You can tell what FW you are on by going to Settings > General > About > Version. I recommend updating to 3.0.1 in iTunes because of the 3.0 SMS vulnerability issue, restoring to factory settings, and then rejailbreaking.

Knux3GS

Aug 4, 2009
New York
I just updated to 3.0.1.. it seems that by updating it restored it. I am back to basic on my iPhone. I'm going to rejailbreak my phone now.. thanks for your help.. now i just need to relocate all my sources LoL