Please help! How do i move my iPhone files to my hd?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 10, 2007
So my powerbook hd decided to bite the dust this morning, and all of my contacts, music, movies and photos are only on my iPhone. I need to get all this information back on my laptop, but all Apple could tell me was to check the discussion boards for 3rd party software.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
So my powerbook hd decided to bite the dust this morning, and all of my contacts, music, movies and photos are only on my iPhone. I need to get all this information back on my laptop, but all Apple could tell me was to check the discussion boards for 3rd party software.
There's got to be a way to retrieve all the info from your (dead) hard drive. There are services that specialize in data recovery ("Drivesavers" "ontrackdatarecovery"...). I bet you've lost a lot more than what could fit on your iPhone otherwise.

Jul 10, 2007
There's got to be a way to retrieve all the info from your (dead) hard drive. There are services that specialize in data recovery ("Drivesavers" "ontrackdatarecovery"...). I bet you've lost a lot more than what could fit on your iPhone otherwise.
I've already reformatted, all I need to retrieve is the music that is on my iPhone. Ive had one Apple consumer support technician say that there are 3rd party softwares out there and told me to check the discussions.apple site. The second technician said its not possible, and thats why you should buy your music from iTunes.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I've already reformatted, all I need to retrieve is the music that is on my iPhone. Ive had one Apple consumer support technician say that there are 3rd party softwares out there and told me to check the discussions.apple site. The second technician said its not possible, and thats why you should buy your music from iTunes.
As far I know (but I don't know everything), there is no way to retrieve music from an iPhone to a Mac unless you run a simulation software (like Parallels) and run Windows (or if you installBootcamp). Then you can run Tansee iPhone Music to Computer Transfer (PC app) and get all you music back, for a small fee. It does work. You can also have a friend with a PC retrieve the music for you (with the same software)

Jul 10, 2007
As far I know (but I don't know everything), there is no way to retrieve music from an iPhone to a Mac unless you run a simulation software (like Parallels) and run Windows (or if you installBootcamp). Then you can run Tansee iPhone Music to Computer Transfer (PC app) and get all you music back, for a small fee. It does work. You can also have a friend with a PC retrieve the music for you (with the same software)

But since my iPhone is formatted for a mac, won't the PC be unable to read it?