Please Help I Am Struck

rajnish22

Jun 9, 2008
Dear FriendS,

I have used ZiPhone to unlock my iPhone & it has been working perfectly since March 08, Kudos to them for doing this for all of us.

NOW I have a big problem, which is of my own doing.
- from the installer I was trying to install some applications like games etc & in my over zealousness I also installed the BSD subsystem as I was promted to do so before I could install the caller ID help plugin (for unsupported countries), I am in India where iPhone is still not available officially.
As soon as I installed both these files I was prompted to restart the phone which I did, but it refuses to start now, all I am getting is the Apple sign on the screen & a hung timer.
I have tried all permutations & combinations including restoring the phone but it always get struck after the 2nd restart with the same screen.
While restoring I get the message "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode, you must restore the iPhone before it can be used with iTunes", I click on restore & it starts preparing the phone for restoration , but hangs with the Apple icon screen & eventually I get a message saying "The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604)"
Twice it has so happened that ZiPhone informed me that the iPhone is unlocked & it even shows on the screen that it is syncing with my computer, but on the screen I keep getting the Apple icon & the timer
Please advise what do I do now.

I am using the iTunes 7.6.2.9 & the version 1.1.3 for the iPhone.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
you could try putting your phone into "DFU" recovery mode.

1) hold the homescreen button and lock button until the phone restarts
2) when you see the Apple logo again, let go of the homescreen button (but keep holding the lock button).
3) wait until the iPhone tells you to connect to iTunes.

rajnish22

Jun 9, 2008
you could try putting your phone into "DFU" recovery mode.

1) hold the homescreen button and lock button until the phone restarts
2) when you see the Apple logo again, let go of the homescreen button (but keep holding the lock button).
3) wait until the iPhone tells you to connect to iTunes.

This is exactly I have been able to reboot the phone everytime it hangs.
But even after it shows that it still hangs as soon as I try to restore / reactivate.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I assume your iPhone is still detected by iTunes.

First of all, iPhone requires USB 2.0

second, you can download ZiPhone and click advanced options, then choose Boot In DFU mode...

then try restoring it.

- Long Haired Girly Boy