Please help ibook/iTunes doesn't recog iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Hello. I got my iPhone about a week ago. I was happy. However, I could not sync with my iBook G4 because iBook G4 needed to have Tiger to have iTunes be able to sync iPhone. So, I activated phone with my old PC. There was no problem, but all my iTunes in on my iBook G4 1.2 ghz 256 MB. Since this old ibook will not run Leopard, I decided to just buy Tiger today. I bought Tiger, installed, and updated. (I decided $130 for OS 10.4 is better right now than buying a new computer).

Now the iTunes on the ibook will not recognize the iPhone at all. It recognized iPhone before activation when iTunes told me that I needed to run 10.4 OS for iPhone to work with iTunes. I have restarted computer. I have plugged in phone before starting iTunes and after starting tunes.

I have searched the forums but have not seen an answer for me. Please answer or point me to the correct thread. I am a little frustrated now. Thanks!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I searched some other mac forum and this guy said to thow iTunes in the trash and reinstall. So I did that and the ibook recogized the iPhone. But then I had to pull the iTunes library out of the trash and get it into the new iTunes. Now I am all fixed up!

Hope this helps someone else who has the same problem!

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
Hello. I got my iPhone about a week ago. I was happy. However, I could not sync with my iBook G4 because iBook G4 needed to have Tiger to have iTunes be able to sync iPhone. So, I activated phone with my old PC. There was no problem, but all my iTunes in on my iBook G4 1.2 ghz 256 MB. Since this old ibook will not run Leopard, I decided to just buy Tiger today. I bought Tiger, installed, and updated. (I decided $130 for OS 10.4 is better right now than buying a new computer).

Now the iTunes on the ibook will not recognize the iPhone at all. It recognized iPhone before activation when iTunes told me that I needed to run 10.4 OS for iPhone to work with iTunes. I have restarted computer. I have plugged in phone before starting iTunes and after starting tunes.

I have searched the forums but have not seen an answer for me. Please answer or point me to the correct thread. I am a little frustrated now. Thanks!
all u need to do is just uninstall the iTunes program. u can do it manually or just using 3rd party apps such as appdelete. after finish uninstall the old iTunes u can install the new iTunes again. hope it helps:)