Please help, iPhone in Canada

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 6, 2007
I am planning on buying an iPhone soon but im not sure if it will work in canada.. i am going to buy it from the states this weekend but i don't know if it will work here... my phone company is rogers and i have a pay as you go account, will it work with the iPhone :S ? please reply.. thanks :laugh2:

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
I have been a longtime customer of AT&T, and my SIM card from my old phone would not work when I upgraded, so I'm thinking that you will have the same problem, unless you mod the unit. As well, to activate normally you have to have a data account set up. I don't think you can have that with pay-as-you-go.

I think this is a question for the Hacks and Mods section.

Khris

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Edmonton, AB
The only thing that doesn't work with Rogers is Visual Voicemail. You will also need a data plan to use most of the data features, and I'm not sure if PayGo has a data option or not. I've got a post paid account with 1gb of data for $65/month.

I'm in Edmonton and have had my iPhone for a couple weeks now. I absolutely love it!

All you'll need to do is follow this: http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...thout-using-a-computer-the-final-guide.14087/

Nov 6, 2007
thank you so much :) what i am wondering is why does it charge you for the internet access if you connect through wifi? shouldnt it only charge you if you connect to the internet through rogers? i talked to a couple of representatives regarding this question and i got different answers from each one.

Khris

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Edmonton, AB
What does common sense tell you? ;)

If you are only connecting through WiFi then you will not be charged for data through Rogers. Best to even have data blocked via Rogers.