Please help iPhone will not sync to PC!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cccablecompany

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Ok, here are all the things I have tryed. iTunes used to work fine before I upgraded to version 7.4. Now, My iPhone will only charge when hooked to the cradle. I have uninstall, reinstalled older and newers versions of iTunes. I have even deleted the iTunes folders. I have did a system restore but still no luck. About 3 restores. Which it picks up the iPhone then when the activate screen pops up, the iPhone icon disappears. I contacted Apple about the problem but they were unable to replace my iPhone because it syncs fine on my other pc. I am able to sync my iPhone to my second pc with has none of my 30gbs of music and outlook contacts. Everytime I connect my iPhone to the cradle and open iTunes it freezes iTunes were I have to do a Ctrl,Alt, Delete everytime. I am getting pissed because I can't even listen to my music, save bookmarks, or anything. I don't want to reinstall my os. Thats just crazy. Can someone please help me with this problem? One more thing. I can open iTunes and play music fine if the iPhone is not connected. Even with the iPhone disconnect, if I go to the iPhone tab in prefen tab iTunes freezes. Even tired different usb ports.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i had a similar problem a few weeks ago. here's what i did:

go to "Run" and type "services.msc" and hit "enter".

look for one called "Apple mobile device" and make sure its status is "started" and startup type is "automatic". I'll update with a link to the thread i made about it that has a more detailed explanation.

tam12cam

Mar 19, 2009
I found a simple fix for my issue

I realized that I had not downloaded the proper version of iTunes to my laptop. My laptop is a Vista 64 bit machine and I downloaded the 32 bit version of iTunes. After I downloaded the 64 bit version, I was able to sync just fine. I had to go to my device and select all the items I wanted to sync under each available tab, i.e. music, photos, podcasts, etc, but it worked like a charm. Be sure to take a back-up before doing this as I find that several of my items did not sync and did a restore to bring everything back from the backup.

Hope this helps anyone else who may be experiencing this issue.

Aug 24, 2012
Ok, here are all the things I have tryed. iTunes used to work fine before I upgraded to version 7.4. Now, My iPhone will only charge when hooked to the cradle. I have uninstall, reinstalled older and newers versions of iTunes. I have even deleted the iTunes folders. I have did a system restore but still no luck. About 3 restores. Which it picks up the iPhone then when the activate screen pops up, the iPhone icon disappears. I contacted Apple about the problem but they were unable to replace my iPhone because it syncs fine on my other pc. I am able to sync my iPhone to my second pc with has none of my 30gbs of music and outlook contacts. Everytime I connect my iPhone to the cradle and open iTunes it freezes iTunes were I have to do a Ctrl,Alt, Delete everytime. I am getting pissed because I can't even listen to my music, save bookmarks, or anything. I don't want to reinstall my os. Thats just crazy. Can someone please help me with this problem? One more thing. I can open iTunes and play music fine if the iPhone is not connected. Even with the iPhone disconnect, if I go to the iPhone tab in prefen tab iTunes freezes. Even tired different usb ports.
USB syncing
1.Open iTunes.
2.Connect the iOS device to your computer using the included USB cable and select it in iTunes under Devices on the left-hand side. Some tabs may not appear if you do not have corresponding content in your library. For example if you do not have any podcasts in your library, the corresponding Podcast tab will not appear.
3.Click Apply, in the lower-right corner of the screen, to sync.
More about How to transfer iPhone music/video to Mac.
Helpe it help you a lot.