Please Help iPod Touch Problem!

Trooper_D

Jan 21, 2008
Hi, i have just recently got an Ipod touch for Christmas and it has been a really neat gadget until the other day, i got home from school and plugged it into my computer and a window popped up and said a new software for ipod touch is available so im thinking why not keep it updated? so i hit yes and it begins to download and i come back and it says "Update could not be completed" then i unplugged it and the little picture on the Ipod came up like when you first buy it then little Cord Pointing to the iTunes icon.. so i do as it says and i plug it in..

Then it says it has detected it in recovery mode and needs to be restored so i try to restore it.. after a good minute it says Unknown error occurred (5) could not be resorted...

Ive tried almost everything out there and cannot seem to figure it out ive reset it atleast 30 times and tired about everything and i have a warranty but i want to make sure this is unfixable before i get another one...

So any suggestions Will be very much appreciated :laugh2:

Thanks

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Hi, i have just recently got an Ipod touch for Christmas and it has been a really neat gadget until the other day, i got home from school and plugged it into my computer and a window popped up and said a new software for ipod touch is available so im thinking why not keep it updated? so i hit yes and it begins to download and i come back and it says "Update could not be completed" then i unplugged it and the little picture on the Ipod came up like when you first buy it then little Cord Pointing to the iTunes icon.. so i do as it says and i plug it in..

Then it says it has detected it in recovery mode and needs to be restored so i try to restore it.. after a good minute it says Unknown error occurred (5) could not be resorted...

Ive tried almost everything out there and cannot seem to figure it out ive reset it atleast 30 times and tired about everything and i have a warranty but i want to make sure this is unfixable before i get another one...

So any suggestions Will be very much appreciated :laugh2:

Thanks
Did you uninstall and reinstall iTunes,

Did you do a forced restore? Holding the Home and Sleep/wake buttons while connected to iTunes?

rocketroy

Jan 20, 2008
Hi folks, there is a growing number of new Touchers zapped by the firmware update 1.1.3 . I too was totally convinced my lovely touch was dead and buried after approx 20 attempts to restore back to life. Did all the stuff the Techies and Apple say except try it on another PC. BUT just before I parcelled it up to go back to the retailer I did the one remaining thing- I used a friend's laptop, installed iTunes 7.6 and bugger me- it restored and downloaded firmware 1.1.3. I had given up all hope. So, if you are stuck like I was and not tried to restore on another PC, do it!
Now, does any one out there have any insight into what the problem might be on my computer to cause the 1.1.3 install to fail that wasn't on friends PC, just a bit worried it might happen again on the next update. I am exhasuted at all the failed attempts, hope this helps some of you out there. Best of luck.