Please help iShare froze my phone!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Can anyone help me out i cant turn my phone off or anything I installed ishare and now it is stuck with a window saying Registration needed!

ronak223

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Just hold down your home and sleep/wake button for i think around 8 seconds (NOT 25 Seconds) so that it will reset your iPhone, but make sure you don't restore your iPhone. Just hold those two buttons until the screen goes blank and the Apple logo comes up.

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Thanks it worked I was Freaking out......What does ishare do and does it freeze all the time?

Just hold down your home and sleep/wake button for i think around 8 seconds (NOT 25 Seconds) so that it will reset your iPhone, but make sure you don't restore your iPhone. Just hold those two buttons until the screen goes blank and the Apple logo comes up.

ronak223

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
iShare is just a program on the iPhone where people can upload different files and then other who use iShare can download them straight to their iPhone. When downloading a file you must know the 6 character ID that each download file is assigned to to download the file. It's extremely helpful when you're not around your computer and you want to download something. The only problem is that right now the iShare database isn't that large. However, it has massive potential. For example, someone could upload EBooks to iShare (which uses a site called sendspace.com), and people who wish to view EBooks in their Books.app (another app for the iPhone which shows EBooks), can just download the EBooks right off iShare and to their iPhone. The good thing about iShare is that when downloading a file it will ask you exactly what directory within the iPhone you want to download the file to, and so you can navigate through the the .../var/root directories and just download right to where the file needs to be and use it right away.

To answer your second question, iShare has NEVER froze my iPhone and I do use it quite often, so it was probably just an isolated incident with you. My iPhone has froze a couple of times using NES and other apps, but it's not program specific, it just happens sometimes.

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX
iShare will make your life super easy. it's a great program to have and its been really good to me. i had the same problem at first where it froze on the registration screen, just a glitch i guess. its only froze on me one time. don't worry its good to have!:laugh2:

thesheikh

Sep 16, 2007
crap mine froze in the triangle mode can uuuuu heeellllp!imm so scared

ronak223

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Hmm...I haven't had experience with that. However, I don't think its frozen in that mode. But just in case it is, make sure that your iPhone is connected to the computer, and hold down the home and sleep/wake button for a full 25+ seconds. Hopefully your iTunes will eventually read that your iPhone is in recovery mode. However, you may want to try restarting your PC before doing it, as that often solves any problems with iTunes, which could be messing with your iPhone.