Please help! its been hell!

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by SweepeR, Sep 21, 2012.

1. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

So I got the iP5, came home to do a restore from back up as i am upgrading from iPhone 4 to the 5.

The phone would get stuck on the last 10% or so of the restore and would jam up. So I went to Apple and they reset everything told me to try agian, i came home and same issue happened.

Now I got hte phone replaced as it was damaged and now I am trying to sync my new phone to get everything from my old phone on here but the rep at Apple told me to not do a restore because if there is a corrupt file on the old device sync it will pull it on here.

So now my question is this, how on earth can i get my iPhone 4 stuff trasnfered to my iP5? I tried with iCloud but it told me i don't have enough space so I have to use iTunes to compelte this but if I click sync wont it just save this new device as it is instead of pulling my OLD phones information?

2. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Sorry for the bad luck. I have to do the same with my wifes iPhone 4 tonight. I was going to try the back and restore but I don't know now. Especially since hers is jailbroken. I guess I will give it a shot and if it doesn't work, just do a normal sync and we will have to set up all of her stuff from scratch.

3. jcmitchell5

jcmitchell5 Contributor
    Silver

I have had trouble and I have read a few other posts on here about them not being able to restore from back up. I just started from scratch.

4. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

You know you can buy additional space on iCloud right?

5. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

i don't use icloud enough to pay for more. I use iTunes whch is 1) free, 2) more reliable for me because I feel i control it better and 3) when i want music either way i go to iTunes so why pay mor for something i will use either way.

6. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

he said i can back up my old iphoen to iTunes, than turn icloud off on the phones, and connect my new iPhone to the iTunes and click sync...does that make sense? to me that means iTunes will store this new phone separate since it is a different device.

7. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Did you get an error or did it freeze? I got mine to restore but somehow my notes got erased & caught hell finally getting my yahoo email to sync.

8. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Restoring an iPhone 4 backup to the new iPhone 5 as we speak. Lets see what happens.

9. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

To my surprise, it worked!

10. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

no problems at all?

anyone else try it ? I want my stuff on my iPhone!

I got my contacts and bookmarks here, assuming via icloud evne though i never lcicked back up i just put the -email in the icloud setting.

11. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

I put my 4S back up on my 5 with no problem, working great.

12. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

if i don't do a restore, bc my iPhone 4 was slow as crap with so many retarded stuff happening, how can i trasnfer thigns over without doing a restore?

13. jafundy

jafundy Member
    Bronze

Only thing I know you can do is purchase a third party software called TouchCopy which my husband just did to move info from iPhone to PC.

14. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

so i was on the phone with AC for nearly 5 hours gaain and when we were about to run safe mode i went to click the home button and somehow it finally finished doing the restore. So it being frozen on the "90%" complete bar on the phone after 30 minutes it seemed to just finish and its working. My texts are back and my pictures but none of my music or apps came. I synced my moms phone without issues to her computer but her apps didn't come either.

anyone else have this issue?

BRING STEVE JOBS BACK !

15. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Try opening App Store & see if you can re-download. Open iTunes app & go to purchases for music.

16. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

This may be the problem. #mac

:p

17. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

I am on a mAC thats the embrassing part. I did some research and lots of people online had issues wiht their macbook but it worked on their PC i was abotu to give that a try if all else failed.

i cna go and re/dl from appsorte but its about 7gigs worth and i wont have my current "state/'level" on the game anymore i have to start over. This is pathetic of Apple.

In 7 years of using their crap I have never experienced such BULL crap in my life. I fucking hate this new way of Apple crap post jobs.

18. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Sorry you're having so much trouble SweepeR.

Once it's sorted out I hope you're going to be happy with the new device. I think you will.

19. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

A side note, always best to do a restore as new. Albeit a lengthy process...

20. iPhoneFan10

iPhoneFan10 Member
    Bronze

I upgraded two phones from a 4 and 4S to a 5.. I had no problems restoring from backup on either..