Please help, lost all contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigd1, Jan 15, 2010.

1. bigd1

bigd1 New Member

hello everyone hopelly somebody here can help.went to back up my phone 3gs and don't know what i did wrong phone went to original settings and cant find any of my stuff apps contacts..... i know i backed it up cause it asked just don't know were it went...Thanks in advance..ps don't have that phone no more sold it bought new one 3gs 32 gig:(:(:(

2. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

go into iTunes preferences and then to devices, if you have a backup it will be listed with the name of the device name. if you have that then plug in your ipod in and restore from backup and u should have everything back. your apps should be saved in iTunes anyways so you should be able to put them back on even if you don't have the backup. as for your contacts you might be out of luck unless they were synched with your computer.

3. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Since you mention getting a new phone you will have to authorize computer in iTunes. Just open iTunes and click on "Store" on the top menu bar and go down and click on "Authorize Computer".

4. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

Oh yep tht too I forgot!

5. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Teamwork it's all about teamwork!

6. AimeeBuck

AimeeBuck New Member

1. Have you made a recent backup that you can restore?
    2. If your contacts are associated with an email service like iCloud, Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook.com, etcetera then login to that account via your computer and see if the contacts are present online. If they are, go to Setting->Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then select the associated email account, scroll to the bottom of the screen and then select "Delete Account". After that, reboot your device and then re-configure the email service on your device. Afterwards, make sure that the "Contacts" option is enabled.That you can get back you iPhone contacts.
    recovery-tool.com

#6 AimeeBuck, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014