Please help me convince my parents to get me an iPhone

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
They dumb us down because mostly the devices are used by parents as a cheap way to entertain and babysitt the child.
They are monotone on how they stimulate our brains . There is also the fact that kids even at your age still build coordination and grow. Let's say a small child uses a touch screen how will it ever develop fine motor skills to tie shoes ? Or cross motorskills because an ipad is just not something you can take on a swing set. There are many things to consider.
I think you're reaching a lot with the comparisons.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Do not bring obesity into this. We were actually on topic, until that.
That's part of the topic. Kids sitting on there electronic devices all day get fat. I am certain obesity rate is way higher in kids than it was 15 years ago.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
That's part of the topic. Kids sitting on there electronic devices all day get fat. I am certain obesity rate is way higher in kids than it was 15 years ago.
But we are blaming electronics? You can also sit and read a book, or do a puzzle all day and get overweight! Your sitting.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I wasn't implying that the OP, or rays kids need one because everyone else has one, I was just implying that if cell phones make you dumber, then my whole grade should be dumb.
But you're the one who needs an iPad 3 now, not because it offers more utility and functionality, but because your peers are in danger of catching up to you. I consider all your arguments invalid. :)

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Yes we are blaming electronics. Puzzles and books were around 15 years ago.
Not entirely I blame parents who allow those devices being used in such matters . The devices are not to blame but the the parents who have unsupervised children given those as a toy. So many kids are with food (chips/soda) sit in their room contained playing games watching TV until they are falling asleep. No bed time no family time no talking to interaction. There is a reason why I am STHM.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Mcdonalds, Arby's, taco bell, burger king. You gotta eat to gain weight, if you don't if you don't eat.

Why do you keep on forgetting food is a factor?
All of those places were around ten years ago.
I don't care if you change your mind Mac. In fact it isn't even your mind, IMO, that needs to be changed.