Please help me convince my parents to get me an iPhone

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
To the OP, this was an example of what NOT to tell your parents to try and convince them to get you a cell phone. ;)

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Forums are junk food for the (hive)mind, Mac. Try reading a book.

Now, let's try to get back to the original topic. Thanks.
I agree.
I am still waiting to here back from the op on his/her age. I honestly think that if the parents have already said no that as a parent they should stick to their guns. As an iPhone fan I think showing the features and usefulness of the phone for homework help what not should help the ops plight (sp).

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I agree.
I am still waiting to here back from the op on his/her age. I honestly think that if the parents have already said no that as a parent they should stick to their guns. As an iPhone fan I think showing the features and usefulness of the phone for homework help what not should help the ops plight (sp).
"Plight" is correct, sir! Well played.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
First off... Holy crap! There's kids under 18 on this forum!?!?!?
(in jest)

Second, to the OP:

There might not be anything you can do. If you got to ask how to convince your folks, I'm guessing there isn't anything that will change their minds. I don't mean to sound rude, but as a parent that's just how I see it.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
First off... Holy crap! There's kids under 18 on this forum!?!?!?
(in jest)

Second, to the OP:

There might not be anything you can do. If you got to ask how to convince your folks, I'm guessing there isn't anything that will change their minds. I don't mean to sound rude, but as a parent that's just how I see it.
I am 13. And I've been a member for about 1.25 years.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Nice how the OP hasn't even commented again. 1 post wonder I bet.

Ferr5175

Jan 14, 2012
I just bought my 12 year old daughter and I'm wondering if I made the right choice. I did it as a reward for her academic performance at school and her recent improvement in behavior AT&T home. Hope I don't regret it later.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
It's ok I was probably adopted anyway.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Back to the subject at hand....
The OP (who still hasn't commented yet) didn't say he or she wasn't allowed a cell phone, but that the parents are anti-Apple. The OP has a source of income (so I am assuming around 16 or so) to pay the monthly bill, has the money to purchase said phone, but apparently needs a parent to help actually make said purchase and they don't like Apple products.
In my mind, if they are responsible enough to earn the money to cover all expenses, and they have good grades, if it were my kid, they can have whatever they want. They obviously worked hard enough to be able to purchase it, and maintain excellent grades.
But because his parent have a negative opinion about Apple, he has to show why it's a positive purchase.

And you guys are arguing the merits of fat kids and electronics, people getting dumber, etc. Help the OP make a strong valid case to get an iPhone.

katelynneemma

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 15, 2011
N.Y.
It seems, the op is mature enough to have an iPhone so I guess my biggest question would be why are the parents "anti-Apple". If the op is a teenager and being dramatic as the are sometimes inclined to be (simply a possibility, not an accusation) there might be a good reason. Could it be possible one of the parents is employed by a company which doesn't allow it's employees to purchase Apple products?