PLEASE HELP ME FIND AN APP! "Cloud-like" app that stores photos ON iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BexRose, Apr 26, 2012.

1. BexRose

BexRose New Member

Everyone can benefit from this app!•Safe place in cloud world w/ all your photos accessible anywhere, forever •Never worry about losing your pics if iPhone, usb-thumb drive, or laptop were lost, stolen, or damaged. •Permanently delete pics from phone knowing they're safely stored •Free up memory. This app must exist, but WHERE? *Continue reading my 1st comment below please.

2. BexRose

BexRose New Member

I have so many photos on my iPhone that its time to transfer my pics elsewhere so I can free up memory on phone. However, this has been a challenge for me because I realize there are plenty of ways to save the photos onto my laptop. But as we all know, even laptops don't last forever. And I don't want to worry about a sudden virus on my laptop where I lose all my pics nor do I want to keep a thumb drive forever either. Point being: I hardly look at pics anymore once they're stored on a USB or disc. I love being able to instantly show my friends pics that I'm referring to from months and even years ago! So please help me but keep in mind....

1. Must be able to upload multiple photos at one time (as I have thousands on my iPhone.)

2. I want this app to be able to stay on my phone for me to be able to display for others and myself to view at any time (without taking up memory on phone though) like pandora or emails accounts. (I would use email but that would require me to download each pic one by one first of all, and second of all, if I ever wanted to show anyone, I'd have to download the pic or at least wait for it to load for a couple seconds before I could view one pic! I really want to have an organized folder library display where I can title each album and keep the pics organized and quick to view, instantly.)

3. This app doesn't need to be able 100 GB or anything...because as I fill up my account storage, it's not a big deal, I'll just create/open new user accounts, i.e BeccaPhotos1, BeccaPhotos2, etc...

3. I don't really want to pay for storage though. The iPhone's cloud comes with 5 free GB or whatever but eventually I don't wanna pay for storage.

4. I want the pics to remain their size and keep quality resolution. (so many apps that I'v researched, do almost everything I want them to, but the pic turns out smaller than the original pic, it'll be less clear with lower resolution quality, and my biggest peeve of all some make you load each pic ONE by ONE!

So I think that's it but in case I missed anything, I'm sure it's obvious now what I'm looking for. Thanks for your help in advance!

3. willow729

willow729 New Member

I store all my photos on Google. Had to purchase extra storage: 20G/$20. I use Picasa on my PC. MyPics app works well for me.

http://www.uvento.com/mypics

You can select multiple photos to upload from this app. Google+ saves photos from the camera roll, much like iCloud's PhotoStream, in an album named Photos On My Phone. All other photos are also accessible through G+.

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Look at getting a Drop box account. There is even an app called Quick shot with Dropbox that you use as the camera, and it automatically uploads them to your account.

5. BexRose

BexRose New Member

Cool! I'll try this out! Thanks guys

6. BexRose

BexRose New Member

I store all my photos on Google. Had to purchase extra storage: 20G/$20. I use Picasa on my PC. MyPics app works well for me.

http://www.uvento.com/mypics

You can select multiple photos to upload from this app. Google+ saves photos from the camera roll, much like iCloud's PhotoStream, in an album named Photos On My Phone. All other photos are also accessible through G+.

Hello Willow,

Thanks for your suggestion and as I'm reading about this more, I would really appreciate some help! Reading the "MyPics" app seems exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm not that tech savvy so can you please explain (in dumbed down terms :) the correlation between having MyPics, Google+, and Pisca. Like what exactly do I need to do with each? (Create accounts on iPhone, PC, both, then what etc...) haha sorry I'm just so confused in order to be able to delete pics off my iPhone and store them somewhere, how can I get this to work so that I'll still be able to view the photos on my iPhone whenever I want without the pictures taking up storage. I'm not so much interested in the pics being safely stored on my PC. That's not very important to me, as they are being stored in some cloud-like space. So I'll have them forever yknow? Orrrrr when you're referring to using a PC, are you just saying that you need to use a PC In order for this whole process to work sorta thing? By downloading certain apps/software or something like that? And if so, can you walk me through the steps?

Last thing, I tried logging into my goggle plus and turns out it wouldn't let me past sign in stage. I found this article online about this:

"But, there is a small hurdle to get into the Google+! As of now, Google has restricted the entry to the new the site as it's in field trial stage. So, you should get an 'Invitation' from any of your friend who had managed to Google Plus. Earlier, there were some bugs to get or send invite, but Google fixed these bugs and now allows the Google+ users to invite their friends."

Perhaps if this is necessary in order for me to complete this stage, you could invite me? My gmail email is: Rebecca.Bowns@gmail.com

Please let me know if you understand my question and can help me. I would very much appreciate it! I'm sorry if this will take too long to explain. If so I totally understand!

#6 BexRose, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014