Please Help Me Guys

Oct 7, 2012
Hello Everyone
I Have An iPhone 3GS (iOs 5.1.1 Baseband 06.15.00) It Shuts Down Randomly And Always Shows The Apple Logo When I Try To Turn It On, But It Does Turn On When I Put It Charging, And When It Is Charging, No Matter How Long I Use It, It Doesn't Shut Down)
My Second Problem Is Brightness, The iPhone's Brightness Stops Sometimes, The Cell Phone Stays On And I Use It Normally But I Barely See Anything. Sometimes It Stops And Sometimes It's Back...
This Is Griving Me Crazy, Please Help Me Guys And Thank You

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Unfortunately to me it sounds like a hardware problem, in particular the battery or main board. If I were you I would totally restore the phone as NEW. NOT FROM A BACKUP. This will help you determine whether the problem is hardware or software.

Oct 7, 2012
How To Do That? My Phone Is Locked So I Can't Update To iOs6... The Battery Does Great And Lasts For 1 Day After A Full Charge... And By The Way, When The Phone Is Standby, It Never Shuts Down But When I Start Surfing Net Or Playing Games It Shuts Down

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I didn't say upgrade to 6.0 I said to restore your phone. Use your current iOS just make sure you restore as new.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I also hate to point out the obvious, but you are using a phone that is no longer supported by Apple. The 3GS is 3 years old. I can tell you that just after 2 years, my 4 was starting to give me issues (the home button). Maybe it's time for an upgrade?

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Restore as new phone and post back the results. You can do so when connected to iTunes. IMO, this sounds like a hardware problem though. Good luck. We can offer more assistance after you restore...

Oct 7, 2012
But Apple Stopped Signing iOs 5.1.1....
I Don't Have Enough Money To Have A New One. I Just Have To Fix This One

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
When you restore, just don't allow it to upgrade to the new firmware. I'm pretty sure the 3GS can't run iOS6 anyway.

Oct 7, 2012
how to restore as a new phone, my phone is locked and jailbroken?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Your phone is locked or unlocked? Unfortunately, if you're jailbroken, you'll have to rejailbreak it as the restore will get rid of the jailbreak. As for the unlock (if that's what you mean) then someone else will have to help you out although I'm pretty sure the restore will wipe that as well.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
how to restore as a new phone, my phone is locked and jailbroken?
Just restore as new, don't upgrade to iOS 6. Yes, it will wipe your jailbreak, but if your phone isn't working properly what good is a jailbreak anyway? Try to get it working properly again, then you can worry about the jailbreak... (Ever consider the jailbreak is what's causing your problems?)

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
When you restore, just don't allow it to upgrade to the new firmware. I'm pretty sure the 3GS can't run iOS6 anyway.
3GS can go to iOS 6, but very limited in features.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ala,
1. Have you tried a hard reset? This sometimes fixes problems and eliminates the need for a restore.
2. Which firware version are you running and do you have a 5.1.1 SHSH?
3. Do you want to update to 6.0 or would you prefer to stay on 5.x?
4. Do you still require the unlock?
5. If you still require the unlock and would like to remove the iPad baseband from the phone (so GPS will work properly and restores are easier) you can now do that and go with a permanent, factory unlock from eBay ($7) if you're interested.

jaaames

Oct 8, 2012
i've tried ebay guys TWICE and the unlock didn't work. unlockfusion didn't even reply back as to when it'll be unlocked and it was like 2 days after i submitted my imei and payments... i did some research and used premiumunlocks.com and got it done in about 4 hours. 15usd, not bad. id rather do that than get scammed by unlockfusion again.