Please HELP me iPhone not charging!

Oct 17, 2007
my iPhone wont charge it says "this accessory is not made to work with this phone" an its on the factory dock that came with the phone,an I also tryed it on my wife's dock, an my PC it doesn't show any progress at all im so stressed because I use my phone for businesss so if a potential prospect calls im F**ked (excused me):)...but yes can anyone please help?...I TRYED RESTARTING IT TOO,,doesn't work please help?:sick:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It might be time for a full restore. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to take it to the Apple store.

Oct 17, 2007
It might be time for a full restore. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to take it to the Apple store.
ok thanks! I cant even restore it threw iTunes because it doesn't reckonize the iPhone. I called Apple care an they said the same thing. I have an appointment to go to the Apple store tomorrow, but I just wanted to hear any suggestions from folks on here.. I'm open to any more though.. Thanks though ColTiger

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Did you try holding down the home key and lock button for 10 seconds? That should restore the phone.

kr3st

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Winter Park / Orlando, FL
my iPhone wont charge it says "this accessory is not made to work with this phone" an its on the factory dock that came with the phone,an I also tryed it on my wife's dock, an my PC it doesn't show any progress at all im so stressed because I use my phone for businesss so if a potential prospect calls im F**ked (excused me):)...but yes can anyone please help?...I TRYED RESTARTING IT TOO,,doesn't work please help?:sick:
mine has been doing the same exact thing... i gotta restore mine because people say that helps so lets hope so. gl with yours man.

maikolo

May 5, 2008
dude any news on your phone bro? What did Apple say regarding the "this accessory is not made to work with this phone" is it back to normal? Let us know whats up! :)

Oct 17, 2007
dude any news on your phone bro? What did Apple say regarding the "this accessory is not made to work with this phone" is it back to normal? Let us know whats up! :)
Nah bro nothing yet I'm trying to fix it my self it gets REALLY HOT TOO!:mad: i been using a Prepaid phone lately.. Can any one help?:oops:

maikolo

May 5, 2008
stink dude ,atbe you can us what frimware you were runing before it went like that, Also what did u change on it or install before it went fauty! Can you txt, call, or wifi, tho?

Oct 17, 2007
stink dude ,atbe you can us what frimware you were runing before it went like that, Also what did u change on it or install before it went fauty! Can you txt, call, or wifi, tho?
I think I had 112 firmware, but then I downloaded 113 speaker amp(stupid move)but it didn't start until I brought a so-called "iPhone compatible" car charger thats when it started messing up. Now I can only charge the phone using the car charger. My stock charger that came with the iPhone doesn't work with
my phone at all i cant even synce the phone with my Laptop anymore, Nothing. It just says "this accessory is not made to work with this phone". now when I watch a video on it it only plays for like 1 minute then shuts down. the Mic doesn't work,blue tooth does work,wifi yes,and speakers a lil bit. I can text but now i cut my service off. Oh! i have video recorder too,and when i have the music on speaker it gets really hot fast.

SIDE NOTE: I was about to try to do my own lil modification like cutting the wire of my car charger (thing that connects to the iPhone) and the original USB wire from my iPhone and connect it to the laptop to see if it'll sync. The "teeth" from the car charger is the only thing the iPhone would recognize and charge with.

What do you think?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Well the only trouble I see with that is if cutting and splicing the two together doesn't work u may not be able to charge the phone at all. This is a possible good thing tho. If it won't charge no matter what and there is no visible damage on it then odds are Apple won't be able to charge it either and they will have to replace it.

maikolo

May 5, 2008
I agree with Bone, Do your own little mod see what happens and then if theres no luck go straight to Apple and tell them whats up. Could be a software problem. Let us know what they say.