Please Help Me (syncing movies to iPhone)

maleticj

Aug 8, 2008
Hello fellow users.

i have purchased my iPhone only a few days ago, set it up as usual, put music on there and so on and so on...

but the thing that bothers me is that i am unable to get movies on the iPhone.. now i know most of you guys wil say CONVERT IT FIRST noob lol wel i have done that it is the correct format. but i am still unable to transfer the movie from my movies tab in ituens to the iPhone.

when i click on the iPhone tab and then onto the video tab it comes up with two sections

section one being Rented Movies

section two being TV Shows

now under the Rented movies i cant add anything as it says: there are no rented movies in your iTunes library that can be transfered to this iPhone...

But under the Tv Shows section i can only select sync all tv shows i cannot select the sync "selected" which would allow me to change from tv shows to movies.

So if any one knows how i can get my movies from the MOVIES tab in iTunes library to my iPhone could you please tell me as i am greatly strugling to do so..

i do apologise for spelling errors.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
In iTunes, under LIBRARY open the Movies section and drag and drop your files there. Then when you sync your iPhone go to the Movies tab and put a check mark next to the ones you want to sync.

Geo

Bronze
Mar 9, 2008
In iTunes, under LIBRARY open the Movies section and drag and drop your files there. Then when you sync your iPhone go to the Movies tab and put a check mark next to the ones you want to sync.
You can also select manual from the info page once you connect the iPhone to iTunes and drag them in.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
Do what MileHighRob said. That seems like the best solution for your problem. Let us know if it works. Good luck.

maleticj

Aug 8, 2008
i really appreciate your replies but it doesn't seem to work i converted the video using videora then converted with iTunes aswel but it still wont let me select movies.

under rented movies it says : you have none compatible or sumthing like that but under tv shows i cant select the option alowing me to change from tv shows to movies so thereforee i cant get my movies from movies library to apear in window on the iPhone which allows me to select the ones i want to sync..

sorry if thats really confusing but i really don't know waht to do i know how to add movies and that they have to be converted because i can add them to my ipod but just not the iPhone if any one knows any tricks or tips i would really appreciate it and thanks once again for your replies please keep them coming

Geo

Bronze
Mar 9, 2008
i really appreciate your replies but it doesn't seem to work i converted the video using videora then converted with iTunes aswel but it still wont let me select movies.

under rented movies it says : you have none compatible or sumthing like that but under tv shows i cant select the option alowing me to change from tv shows to movies so thereforee i cant get my movies from movies library to apear in window on the iPhone which allows me to select the ones i want to sync..

sorry if thats really confusing but i really don't know waht to do i know how to add movies and that they have to be converted because i can add them to my ipod but just not the iPhone if any one knows any tricks or tips i would really appreciate it and thanks once again for your replies please keep them coming
Ok, a bit confusing, but REMAIN CALM!
You need one program that you can convert and send to iTunes (or in a folder - that you can drag to iTunes - the iPhone name listed to the left).
iSquint works great.
But make sure from the info page (thats the page when you connect your iPhone you have everal tabs "music' Tv shows, etc.
make sure the first page - most to the left- is selected. Then at the bottom is a box to click "manually..." click that and you should be able to drag what you want.
But remember, if it is a wma it ain't gonna work. make sure you have converted it to the proper configuration ".mp4" That will work for sure.
God luck and keep us informed.

Norbicsek

Sep 6, 2008
Hello!

I faced the same problem tonight (that's how I got here :)) and I think I know the solution. It could sound a bit funny to those, who use iTunes for a long time, but we are newbies, so please excuse us. :) So, the solution is very simple: there aren't just two sections at the movies tab, there are three of them. Just scroll down and you will find the third one named "Movies" and there will be your videos. It's hard to realize that there is a scrollbar on the right because the two sections are perfectly fit the page, so no one would expect there is something under them. But there is! :)

I hope it helps.

maleticj

Aug 8, 2008
NORBICSEK U ARE A LEGEND MY MAN U DESERVE SUM SORT OF AWARD U WERE CORRECT IT WORKED

man thanks so much i cant believe i didn't c the scrolly bar how silly of me thanks so much i owe u big time hehehehe

APPOLOGIES FOR MY NEWBINESS

barbar

Sep 16, 2008
Problem Syncing PLEASE HELP

I have a jailbroken iPhone 8GB and recently bought a 3G that is also jailbroken.
First I wanted to sync my new phone with iTunes to get all my contacts into my new phone. But I got a notice that the old version of iTunes is not compatible with the new 3G. So I downloaded iTunes 2.0
Now I am trying to connect but I get a message that I have an unauthorized SIM!

What should I do? Please help.

Thanks

X

xinye

In this situation, there're maybe something wrong with your iTunes. I suggest you try Arcsoft MediaConverter for iPhone, because it can transfer your converted files to iPhone without going through iTune.

Torito

Sep 23, 2008
Jaja how easy it was !

Hello!

I faced the same problem tonight (that's how I got here :)) and I think I know the solution. It could sound a bit funny to those, who use iTunes for a long time, but we are newbies, so please excuse us. :) So, the solution is very simple: there aren't just two sections at the movies tab, there are three of them. Just scroll down and you will find the third one named "Movies" and there will be your videos. It's hard to realize that there is a scrollbar on the right because the two sections are perfectly fit the page, so no one would expect there is something under them. But there is! :)

I hope it helps.
:laugh2:
Thanks for the help man..I just bought the iPhone. Used WinPwn and hacked it. But I just couldnt get any movies in there thanks a million !

saludos, from Mexico:cool:

bram

Dec 28, 2008
Norbicsek...
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! :mad:

This was driving me nuts.... I downloaded many movies, did movie conversions, etc.
Nothing worked.... And now I see that scrollbar.

Argh.... Apple screwed up here, in UI design.

Greetings from Canada,

Bram

Hello!

I hope it helps.

mmizo1974

Jan 26, 2009
Hello!

I hope it helps.
GREAT IT WORKS ,....... thanks Norbicsek you r the BEST