please help! My phone won't vibrate.

smiles985

Jul 24, 2007
California
my phone won't vibrate anymore! I just noticed it a few weeks ago. I've never had a problem before. I checked my settings and it will ring but won't vibrate. Any ideas?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It won't vibrate when the phone is on silent or set to ring? Or is it both? Also, are you jailbroken or unlocked in any way? I'm not too sure what might be to blame, but I would suggest trying a restore and that might fix the problem. Also, check the settings one more time to make sure you have vibrate set to On.

smiles985

Jul 24, 2007
California
won't vibrate ever! I did check the settings agan just to be sure. Its not jailbroken or unlocked in any way

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
If it's still OEM then I would recommend restoring. If the restore doesn't work then it appears as if going to Apple would be the only other alternative.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
it appears as if going to Apple would be the only other alternative.
i Sure the heck wish they would build a Apple store in Lubbock Tx it sucks having to go 300+ miles either to Dallas or Albuquerque

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
i Sure the heck wish they would build a Apple store in Lubbock Tx it sucks having to go 300+ miles either to Dallas or Albuquerque

Ah, that stinks entirely. I have one about 10 miles or so away from my house (back in Tampa) but it's also the nearest one when I'm in Gainesville for school, but that's only 130 miles or so.