Please help! only 500 mb memory left!

iNoob

Sep 2, 2007
So I was trying to listen to some music today on my iPhone, and realized that all of my video and music files are gone. No big deal, I just figured that after a restore i forgot to sync or something. But when I tried to sync today, iTunes says that I have over 6 gigs of "other" on my phone! I have done some limited modding on my iPhone using iFuntsastic 3.0.3 and cyberduck. I have installed installer.app and some of the programs from there and also iSwitcher and a couple themes. And I have NES on it with about 20 roms.

How is this possible that I have only 500 Mb of storage left?!?!

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
So I was trying to listen to some music today on my iPhone, and realized that all of my video and music files are gone. No big deal, I just figured that after a restore i forgot to sync or something. But when I tried to sync today, iTunes says that I have over 6 gigs of "other" on my phone! I have done some limited modding on my iPhone using iFuntsastic 3.0.3 and cyberduck. I have installed installer.app and some of the programs from there and also iSwitcher and a couple themes. And I have NES on it with about 20 roms.

How is this possible that I have only 500 Mb of storage left?!?!
Your music is in that 6 gigs no doubt. Something went wrong... SYNC AND RESTORE!

H

Hayesimus

same thing happened to me. it left the songs in my phone and tried to send them again but i couldn't listen to them. and since i had more that what space was left on my iPhone it kept saying not enough memory to complete sync or something. i had to restore again and i even had to restart my computer so that iTunes was completely refreshed. it was the most tumultuous couple of hours i've had in a long while. i thought my iPhone was broked! :p

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
Shame I could not get to this post sooner. I was going to suggest to download mobile finder and to see what iTunes folder was named in /var/root/Media. Could have been named wrong for some reason. Glade to see you are up and running again!

- Garrett

blurm

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Shame I could not get to this post sooner. I was going to suggest to download mobile finder and to see what iTunes folder was named in /var/root/Media. Could have been named wrong for some reason. Glade to see you are up and running again!

- Garrett
Hey I am having this problem as well and want to avoid a full restore just for the sake of a quick fix. I had swap tunes installed so I thought that this might add to the problem but not sure. I have two folders I believe that should contain music.

"iTunes control" and "iTunes control 2"

There is no music stored in "iTunes control" but a lot in "iTunes control 2"

What is the file supposed to be called?

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
Wow, this must be going around. I had all my music turn to "Other" this morning. I had just rebooted after I had trouble getting the iPhone to show up in iTunes. When I tried to sync, I saw all the orange "Other" and it told me it didn't have enough room for my music.

So I did a restore and got my sms, photos, etc. back from the backup. Then I did another sync. My music is all there fine and plays correctly on the phone.

Good luck. BTW, IMHO a full restore is not that big of a deal providing you have a backup and all your music on the computer. Then again I'm not unlocked or jailbroken.