Please help people

streetball

Nov 2, 2008
Hi everyone.

It's my first post here...and I really need you help.

This is what happened. I bought an iPhone 3g... with one of this "Turbo sim" which unlock the phone (bought from USA).

Everything was working fine. However, I updated the firmware and now... having the 2.1 (official one) the unlocking card does not work.

The guy that sold me the phone said to go back to 2.0 and then update it to custom .ipf (whatever that means).

I'm trying to downgrade it to 2.0.2....but i get constantly an error 1013 in iTunes ( 8). How can I fix that? By the way...I think I am in DFU mode...cause I have a restore more in iTunes.

Please help me... I have really important contact on my phone as a back up and need to use it. :oops:

THANKING YOU ALL IN ADVANCE

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Ill say it again... TURBO SIMS ONLY WORK FOR A SHORT TIME.

Restore your phone, to the current FW. I hope all goes well.

streetball

Nov 2, 2008
The problem is... I can't restore back to 2.0.2 !

I get all the time 1013 error! even in restore mode!

streetball

Nov 2, 2008
The problem is... I can't restore back to 2.0.2 !

I get all the time 1013 error! even in restore mode!
It got even "better"....the the phone has always this black screen with the iTunes icon and the usb cable on it...and whatever i do....can't get it back to normal mode...

Gotting really nervous about it...

people...any ideas? :oops::oops:

streetball

Nov 2, 2008
If it wont restore to a lower firmware in DFU you mode then I hate to say it but your screwed:sick:
Why is that? Actually...I've read many topics over the net that they can't downgrade.... the same error all the time..1013....

Is it always a problem to downgrade?

Now I can't even get a proper 2.1... even when I restore to 2.1 at the end I get only "emergency calls" and in the background I have still the iTunes icon with the USB cable..... not the proper iPhone screen... WHAT IS THAT? Any idea how to get at least proper 2.1?

Really can't understand what is wrong with the phone... It's just a software...there should be a way to recover it!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Each new firmware version updates the modem and boot firmware in particular. Generally, they cannot be downgraded. This is not true with the V1 phones, but for 3G owners, once you upgrade, that's where you pretty much stay.

My advice for anyone using an unlock sim solution is to verify that upgrading the firmware is OK with the makers of the unlock sim. Not picking on the OP or anyone in particular, but it seems like once a week someone comes on here stating that they are unlocked, in a different country than where they bought the phone, and they updated the firmware and now nothing works.
If you know that you are using "illegal" unlock methods ( and by illegal, i mean it's not supported by Apple) and you aren't in the country you bought from, why would you not double-check before doing ANYTHING that might affect the phones functionality? Just curious...;)