Please Help Phone Numbe N/a

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I just downgraded and jailbroken my phone to 1.1.1. Now my phone number is N/A. How can I fix this? I did a search and I know that it's a problem but I can't really find out how to fix it.

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
You haven't finished jailbreaking....you now go to 1.1.2.... More info please
I downgraded, ran jailbreak.jar, synced up the phone. When I did a sync my phone number in iTunes said N/A. I was told that I can just downgrade to 1.1.1 then run jailbreak.jar then use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak and everything should be fine.

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
when u upgrade to 1.1.2 it changes the baseband that was used in 1.1.1 so that's why you can't call anyone or use edge for the Internet.

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Your phone number will be N/A until it is activated.

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
You need to upgrade to 1.1.2 in order for it to work. Not restore FYI
OK so let me get this straight. I need to downgrade to 1.1.1 then use jailbreak .jar to get it out of recovery. then I need to use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak the phone. Do I have to install oktuprep now? then go to iTunes and upgrade to 1.1.2. Once I upgrade does it automatically recognize the number?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Ok, let me explain it a little differently.
You downgraded from 1.1.2. to 1.1.1
You Jailbroke it.
Now you need to install OkToPrep from the installer
Then Upgrade BACK to 1.1.2 and then from the 1.1.2 Jailbreak.zip ( make sure you have this downloaded and unzipped before doing anything), run the windows.bat ( if you are on windows) or the other one for Mac - view the Read me file for the right one.

Because you initially updated to 1.1.2, your baseband is configured differently than that of a normal 1.1.1 phone. So when you downgraded, the phone can no longer communicate with the AT&T network. You have to go back up to 1.1.2 for the phone to activate on the AT&T network again, hence the instructions I gave above so you can be jailbroken on the 1.1.2 firmware.

There is a way to downgrade the baseband, but I don't know how, and personally would not recommend.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
OK so let me get this straight. I need to downgrade to 1.1.1 then use jailbreak .jar to get it out of recovery. then I need to use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak the phone. Do I have to install oktuprep now? then go to iTunes and upgrade to 1.1.2. Once I upgrade does it automatically recognize the number?

I thought you were already jailbroken at 1.1.1

Then you need here on page 1