Please Help, purchased Music Videos Not on iPhone

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I have looked far and wide and am unable to find the answer to this question. Please someone help! I purchased around 10 music videos on my iPhone through the iTunes app. When I synced to my PC, all the songs went into iTunes, but when I synced my PC to the iPhone, it won't take the songs!

It is nothing obvious. I have checked that the music videos are checked (They are within the Music Category now why?) I checked in the iPhone to sync them. I even create a Smart Playlist that should include them and while it does in iTunes, all of the purchased videos do not transfer, just the ones I had on my PC. I have unauthorized and reauthorized. I have unauthorized and double clicked on a video not showing, reauthorized, still nothing. I have plenty of space.

Any Ideas?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
With your iPhone plugged in. Try right-clicking on it, in the left hand pane of iTunes. Right-click and select Transfer Purchases.

If this doesn't work, go into your iPhone in iTunes. Click the video's tab-

Check Sync Movies, then individually check the ones which you want.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
With your iPhone plugged in. Try right-clicking on it, in the left hand pane of iTunes. Right-click and select Transfer Purchases.

If this doesn't work, go into your iPhone in iTunes. Click the video's tab-

Check Sync Movies, then individually check the ones which you want.
Thx for the suggestions. I have tried both of these. The Transfer Purchases does not put it on my iPhone.

When I click videos tab, every purchased music video is not listed. I can only find the purchased music videos within the Music section of iTunes. (As is they were songs and not videos) but when I click them, it plays a video.

screen 2.jpg
screen 1.jpg
screen 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
They show up in the music library, not under movies in the video tab.

In iTunes, in the upper left corner, directly below LIBRARY, go to Music. That is your iTunes library. The library in your third screenshot, is your iPhone music library, it is the library that is shown in iTunes if you click Music directly below Mike's iPhone. Since they aren't synced onto the phone right now, they aren't going to show up in your iPhone music library. They should, however, show up in your iTunes library.

If they are showing up in your iTunes library, go to Mike's iPhone > Music tab > Include music videos > check the box > sync.

If they aren't showing up in your iTunes library, you'll have to add them back into the iTunes library and then sync them onto your phone (hopefully you have them backed up so you can do that).

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
If they are showing up in your iTunes library, go to Mike's iPhone > Music tab > Include music videos > check the box > sync.

This is what I was missing. Thank you!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You're welcome :)

yarisboi

Sep 10, 2009
Im having almost the same problem. I purchased a music video on my iPhone through iTunes, it transferred to my iTunes on my pc and has disappeared from my iPhone. I have the box (include music videos) checked and the video appears in my music library however nothing i do will sync it back to my iPhone. There are no movies or tv shows (because i have none yet) I have again checked all the obvious places and followed all the above troubleshooting steps but still nothing. Please HELP! :(